Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Marketing | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Come and be a part of something great! CloudGenix is a high-growth leader in Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN). We are looking for high-energy, smart and talented people to join our growing technical marketing team.
CloudGenix has a materially different SD-WAN solution that allows businesses to build their WAN the way it should have been done in the first place: using policies relevant to the business instead of esoteric protocols and networking rules. As a result, our customers achieve more than twice the performance at less than half the cost, are able to confidently adopt the cloud, and radically reduce operational complexity while automating their business.
Please find below some links that help highlight how CloudGenix is transforming the stodgy networking industry with a disruptive platform for modernization and digital transformation:
- "This Networking Tech Could Erode Cisco's Dominance" Fortune by Jonathan Vanian
- Red Herring Top 100 Winner, North America
- IDC Innovator in SD-WAN, 2017
- Best of Interop award, 2015
- "Cool Vendor" in Gartner Enterprise Networking, 2015
- More from analysts and press at cloudgenix.com
Location: San Jose, CA
The Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) position will support the entire CloudGenix ION application-driven WAN fabric product solution. This is an extremely technical position that requires an in-depth understanding of business and enterprise sales processes.
The primary responsibilities for this position will be:
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to internal CloudGenix field teams, external customers and partners.
- Provide technical direction and validation of future product features, utilizing your extensive understanding of customer needs from experience.
- Create in-depth product collateral, test plans, and demonstrations for both internal field and external public consumption.
- Provide guidance and example code to partners and customers on how they can leverage our SDK
- Demonstrable skills in scripting and automation (Python, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Shell/Bash, PowerShell).
- Application Performance Monitoring expertise – Response time metrics, Application identification.
- Packet capture analysis
- In-depth IP Routing protocol expertise (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Demonstrable Virtualization knowledge and understanding (AWS/ Azure/VMware/Microsoft/Linux KVM/OpenStack/Citrix)
- Implementation of Legacy WAN solutions (MPLS, Leased Line, Frame Relay, Satellite, Internet VPN, ECMP, DMVPN)
- Global-scale network design
- Ability to present and speak publicly.
- Experience creating product collateral – Technical White papers, validated designs, implementation guides.
- Desire to learn on your feet and thrive on the bleeding edge of networking.
Typically requires BS/MS Engineering or equivalent, plus extensive experience in a network engineering environment.
- Sales/support or other non-marketing customer-facing experience highly desirable
- Competitive engagement experience.
- Network Security experience (IPS/IDS, ZBFW, NGFW)
- Application Delivery expertise – L7 SLB / Global SLB / Traditional Link LB
- Experience with SQL queries for analytics analysis, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
- Advanced data visualization skills using any technology