Network Platform Infrastructure - Lead Engineer
Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Come and be a part of something great! CloudGenix is a high-growth leader in Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN). We are looking for high-energy, smart and talented people to join our growing engineering team.
CloudGenix has a materially different SD-WAN solution that allows businesses to build their WAN the way it should have been done in the first place: using policies relevant to the business instead of esoteric protocols and networking rules. As a result, our customers achieve more than twice the performance at less than half the cost, are able to confidently adopt the cloud, and radically reduce operational complexity while automating their business.
Please find below some links that help highlight how CloudGenix is transforming the stodgy networking industry with a disruptive platform for modernization and digital transformation:
- "This Networking Tech Could Erode Cisco's Dominance" Fortune by Jonathan Vanian
- Red Herring Top 100 Winner, North America
- IDC Innovator in SD-WAN, 2017
- Best of Interop award, 2015
- "Cool Vendor" in Gartner Enterprise Networking, 2015
- More from analysts and press at cloudgenix.com
Location: San Jose, CA
Design and development of a Network Platform Infrastructure and bring up of new platforms.
Engage with system and solution architects in shaping the product that solves the real problems of our customers.
Be the driving force behind networking simplicity with a push towards zero-touch secure networking.
- 6+ years of experience writing platform/system level software with a BS or MS degree in computer science or relevant fields
- Extensive knowledge of Linux internals and Linux kernel driver concepts
- Familiarity with various virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi, qemu/kvm
- Experience working with wireless modules like 4G LTE is a plus
- Good understanding of control plane and data plane architecture in networking devices.
- HANDS-ON experience with the following:
- Proficiency in C and at least one scripting language like shell script, python etc.,
- Linux kernel development experience including device drivers and performance tuning
- Experience with TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, etc.
While attractive compensation and standard benefits packages take care of your day-day life, we think you will love the atmosphere, engaging fun, sheer energy and camaraderie once you are onboard. We wrap that up free snacks, drinks and lunch.