Field Technical Marketing Engineer
Marketing | Remote / Work from Home | Full Time
Come and be a part of something great! CloudGenix is a high-growth leader in Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN). We are looking for high-energy, smart and talented people to join our growing technical marketing team.
CloudGenix has a materially different SD-WAN solution that allows businesses to build their WAN the way it should have been done in the first place: using policies relevant to the business instead of esoteric protocols and networking rules. As a result, our customers achieve more than twice the performance at less than half the cost, are able to confidently adopt the cloud, and radically reduce operational complexity while automating their business.
Please find below some links that help highlight how CloudGenix is transforming the stodgy networking industry with a disruptive platform for modernization and digital transformation:
- "This Networking Tech Could Erode Cisco's Dominance" Fortune by Jonathan Vanian
- Red Herring Top 100 Winner, North America
- IDC Innovator in SD-WAN, 2017
- Best of Interop award, 2015
- "Cool Vendor" in Gartner Enterprise Networking, 2015
- More from analysts and press at cloudgenix.com
Location: San Jose, CA
The Field Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) position will support the entire CloudGenix ION application-driven WAN fabric product solution. This is a technical position that requires an in-depth understanding of business, channel partner and MSP sales processes.
The primary responsibilities for this position will be:
- Develop, deliver, and maintain technical enablement collateral for channel partners and MSPs
- Build relationships with partner sales, engineering, and support organizations
- Provide technical leadership, expertise, design and deployment assistance to partners and MSPs to support new customer opportunities
- Utilizing your extensive understanding of partner & MSP needs, drive feedback and new product requirements to product management and engineering
- Provide and adapt competitive collateral to partners and MSPs such that they know when and how to properly position CloudGenix
- Provide guidance and example code to partners and customers on how they can leverage our SDK
- Ability to present and speak publicly.
- Demonstrable skills in scripting and automation (Python, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Shell/Bash, PowerShell).
- Application Performance Monitoring expertise – Response time metrics, Application identification.
- Packet capture analysis
- In-depth IP Routing protocol expertise (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Demonstrable Virtualization knowledge and understanding (AWS/ Azure/VMware/Microsoft/Linux KVM/OpenStack/Citrix)
- Implementation of Legacy WAN solutions (MPLS, Leased Line, Frame Relay, Satellite, Internet VPN, ECMP, DMVPN)
- Global-scale network design
- Experience creating technical and value prop presentations
- Desire to learn on your feet and thrive on the bleeding edge of networking.
Typically requires BS/MS Engineering or equivalent, plus extensive experience in a network engineering environment.
- Sales/support or other non-marketing customer-facing experience highly desirable
- Competitive engagement experience.
- Experience with large channel partners and MSPs
- Network Security experience (IPS/IDS, ZBFW, NGFW)
- Application Delivery expertise – L7 SLB / Global SLB / Traditional Link LB
- Experience with SQL queries for analytics analysis, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
- Advanced data visualization skills using any technology