Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple and Instagram combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
We are looking for experienced PHP developers to join our team. Our PHP developers work on our APIs and the platform that they are built on (a custom internal framework) which drive our website and also allow our customers to integrate CloudFlare into their businesses. We have a small team which deploys frequently so your contributions will be felt immediately. Projects will be fast-paced and may include working on improving existing applications or components, building new applications or components, improving development processes and practices, and participating in department strategy. CloudFlare is an engineering-driven environment and we pride ourselves on finding smarter, faster, and better ways to solve problems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, consuming, or implementing RESTful services.
- Experience working with a LAPP (Linux, Apache, Postgres, PHP) stack
- Good working knowledge of databases (Postgres or other relational database)
- A passion for writing re-usable code that empowers other developers to work faster and smarter
- Understanding that testing is part of your deliverables and a benefit to the company and team
- A strong work ethic and willingness to continuously improve
- Experience with Debian GNU/Linux
- Experience with deploying, integrating and extending existing open source web applications
- Experience working with and training external developers
- Experience in a release-often environment using source control (we use GIT)
- Bonus points for having written your own stored procedure before.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic health benefits plan, a new laptop, monthly CalTrain / BART pass for commuters and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you. Submit your resume and a short paragraph to introduce yourself.
CloudFlare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
CloudFlare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.