Sales | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Integration. It’s that pesky part of building a product that no organization actually wants to do. (And who can blame them? It’s not easy). To us, integration is bigger than just a connection. Integration is about moving data, powering transactions, connecting mobile apps, and thousands of other functions. We want our customers to THINK bigger than the brittle connections that hold their products back. REFOCUS their team on the things they care about. And BUILD features that their customers will love. With Cloud Elements, companies can INTEGRATE to the ecosystem of applications that their customers and partners rely on every day.
We are the world’s fastest growing integration vendor ever, and we’re looking for talented, creative problem solvers who are driven and passionate to join our rapidly expanding team! Headquartered in Denver, minutes from the beautiful Rocky Mountains!
Sales Engineer Job Description
As a Sales Engineer for Cloud Elements, you will extend the Sales Engineering practice at Cloud Elements by focusing on assisting the sales team with delivering technical presentations and demonstrations, managing the evaluation process, conducting detailed requirements analysis, understanding the competitive marketplace, attending conferences, and coding/delivering proof-of-concept and prototype projects.
This key position will own a significant portion of the decisions and responsibilities in the sales process. Cloud Elements SE's are expected to take great initiative to understand customers' problems and deliver viable solutions.
What you will do:
- Works side by side with the sales team to support customers and the sales cycle from beginning to close to post sales support
- Interacts with CTOs, Product Managers, and Sr. Developers at prospects that range from SMBs to large Enterprises
- Prepares and present product demonstrations - both canned and tailored - using Cloud Elements technology
- Creates and delivers meaningful POCs
- Evangelizes our products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, writing technical tutorials, and other similar activities
- Participate in prospect calls to understand their needs and determine the best solution
- Researches the APIs and product functionality associated with many cloud services from finance to CRM to ecommerce - and more.
- Provides feedback to the product team based on learnings from POC work and/or customer feedback
- Interacts with development and product teams as needed to design solutions and solve problems
What we would like you to have:
- 3+ years experience as a Sales Engineer, preferably with SaaS or related Cloud products
- Ability to quickly create and deliver demos that illustrate product differentiators - you will be asked to show off your stuff in the interview!
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- A huge plus if you have been a software developer in a past life!
- Knowledge of RESTful design, APIs, and web technologies
- Understanding of API authentication types: e.g. Oauth, Basic, Tokens
- Personable, outgoing and community-oriented – enjoy interacting with others (especially geeks!) in professional and social settings
- Excellent communicator – written and spoken. Comfortable and willingness to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel - you will attend local, regional and national events.
- Great sense of humor, humble and driven!
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work with leading edge technology
- Career growth
- Benefits - Equity, Medical, dental, 401k, flex time off
- Education and training opportunities, team referral bonuses, catered lunches, powder days, summer hikes, the list goes on!
- Office locations: We have offices in Denver and Dallas. You may also work occasionally from your home office!
We'd love to hear from you! Please upload your resume and share with us why you think you'd be the perfect fit for our team! Cloud Elements celebrates diversity, we are an equal opportunity employer!