Principal Java Developer
Engineering | Denver, CO | Full Time
Cloud Elements is a cloud application developer and integrator based in Denver, CO. We partner with leading SaaS, PaaS and big data vendors such as Google, GitHub, SendGrid, Twilio, Stripe, Box, SalesForce.com, ZenDesk, Hadoop, and MongoDB; that is an impressive list and it continues to grow! Software Engineers at Cloud Elements get to work on building really cool SaaS applications; developing both our proprietary SaaS services, and building out custom client solutions.
This role is an exciting, challenging, and dynamic position that will empower you to work on multiple customer implementations and core product development. You will be encouraged to use your creative problem solving, resourcefulness, and coding mastery to build leading edge SaaS applications!
Come work and play with one of Denver's fastest growing startups and experience what the buzz is about in the startup community here in the Rocky Mountains! Close to world class skiing, incredible hiking, and of course great beer, this city has something to offer everyone!
What we would like you to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of software development experience, preferably in a SaaS based environment.
- 2+ years of design and architecture experience of SaaS based systems
- Desirable – Python, Node.js, Sencha EXTJS 4.x+ or other Web 2.0 frameworks, jQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Gradle.
- At least 4 years of Java, SQL, Web 2.0 application development experience
- 2+ years using and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of RESTful design and best practices
- Must be familiar with Object Oriented methodology and development.
- Required to have a working knowledge of Linux or Unix.
- High level knowledge of network and software security is required.
- Knowledge of multi-tier SaaS or Cloud architecture is highly desirable.
- Have working experience with revision control systems and configuration management tools such as Subversion and Git.
- Must have worked with Tomcat or other Java application servers.
- Knowledge of Sencha’s EXTJS framework or comparable Web 2.0 frameworks is desirable but not required.
- Leadership qualities: Effective and tactful communicator, mentor/teacher, ability to proactively identify problems and solutions, enthusiastic team member a must!
- Ability to work in customer-facing consultative position.
- Ability to travel potentially up to 40%
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work with leading edge technology
- Career growth
- Benefits - Medical, dental, 401k, flex PTO, equity!
- Bonuses for mentoring, training/conferences, doing extra credit work, employee referrals!
- Flexible work locations: You will be working out of our office in Industry located in Denver, CO, customer sites for kickoff/design/other sessions, and occasionally from your home office.
We'd love to hear from you! Please upload your resume and share with us your GitHub link or other source where we can take a look at samples of your work.