Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are seeking an enthusiastic advocate to join our award winning team! We need a diverse individual who will not only spread the good word about the innovative technology development happening at Cloud Elements, but listen to the community, our clients, end users, and partners.
As a developer evangelist for Cloud Elements you will participate in developer events and engage the community through startup weekends, meetups, user groups, and Hackathons. This is a highly technical role with the mission of engaging and inspiring a broad community of developers and fostering adoption of Cloud Element’s technologies for the Cloud. This position will be based out of the San Francisco Bay Area and you would have the option to work from you own well equipped home office or a co-working space of your choice. It is important the individual in this position have access to and work with peers and other members of the start up community.
More about this role:
- Evangelize our products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, writing technical tutorials, and other similar activities
- Partner with company leaders and engineers to gain a deep understanding of our technology, mission, vision, and strategy to take with you on your endeavors.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of what is current in development technologies
- Report back to the team the information you are learning from the community
- Create and improve existing resources for developers to use when deploying Cloud Elements technologies, documentation, etc.
- Develop your own applications using Cloud Elements technology
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers, community leaders, and influencers
- Engaging the student, startup and professional developer communities in person and online
What we would like you to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a software developer
- MUST be familiar with Java, Ruby, and object oriented development and web technologies.
- Good knowledge of RESTful design and best practices
- Experience using and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Active GitHub profile
- Entrepreneurial spirit! Do what is best and right for Cloud Elements and the community
- Passion for technology and software development
- Desire to educate and mentor
- Exposure to SaaS, IaaS, PaaS concepts and current Cloud technologies.
- Personable, outgoing and community-oriented – enjoy interacting with others (especially geeks!) in professional and social settings.
- Excellent communicator – written and spoken. Comfortable speaking one-on-one and in front of large groups.
- Willingness to travel - you will attend local, regional and national events. You should expect to be on the road multiple times per month.
- Great sense of humor, humble and driven!
What we can offer you:
- Challenging and rewarding work with leading edge technology
- Career growth
- Flex PTO, fun and flexible work environment, lots of other perks!
This sounds like a fantastic opportunity doesn't it? Please send us your resume and our recruiting team will be in touch with you as soon as possible!