Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
Who we are:
A fast-growing company that is increasing in size this quarter, CLEAR Property Management is setting the standard for multifamily apartment management. While we have communities in the four major Texas metro markets, we are looking at expansion into other Sun Belt markets.
The Property Accountant sets the standard for financial success with our properties, ensuring proper cash management and that financials are 100% accurate monthly.
You Will Be Successful if:
- Financials are produced timely and accurately
- You understand the ins and outs of successful cash management
- You are successful in building relationships across various roles, including ownership & site staff, to make monthly financial activities simpler
- You are deadline driven and have strict attention to detail (Come on, those spreadsheets better be accurate)
- A/R processing; works with onsite manager to reconcile tenant ledgers and deposit questions
- Construction accounting for development projects
- Lender reimbursement management
- Serve the site staff in solving accounting issues
- Assist with on-boarding of new properties, which may include; lease audits, due diligence accounting reviews, and the setting up bank accounts, accounting systems, software and procedures.
- Month End processes; close the month; bank reconciliations, BS account reconciliations; reconcile escrow accounts
- Monthly payables corporate payables and recurring JE’s; tax and insurance accruals
- Year End processes; all transactions posted and ready for YE reporting and close
- Ensure that an orderly accounting filing system is maintained
- Other accounting duties to assist team members A/P posting, write checks
- At least two to five years of direct experience in accounting, auditing or finance role. Property management experience desired.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or business administration.
- Proficient in Yardi, Excel, Word & Outlook
- Must be able to pass accounting questionnaire
- Ability to make quick, accurate and concise decision