Project Manager - AUS
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn’t a mega-institution where you’d be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff and owners. Since 2008, we’ve organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, ambitious and tech savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given freedom to make great things happen and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industry’s brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
The Project Manager is a key member of the CLEAR Maintenance and Construction Management team. Each member of the team has responsibility of providing strategic leadership to; 1. Property ownership and asset management regarding construction projects and, 2. The property site maintenance staff, ensuring exceptional customer service, training and assurance that each property is productively fulfilling CLEAR PM’s credo & mission statement by utilizing CLEAR PM’s policies, processes, procedures and systems. The Project Manager is key in developing and implementing strategies that maximize achieving owner’s goals and performance levels, scopes of construction activities, & due diligence on new acquisitions. The ideal individual will possess strong construction management skills, people leadership skills and have a successful history of maintenance and construction within the multi-family industry.
What you would do…
- Hands-on Mentoring and Team Development. Conducting and documenting monthly site visits, participating in staff coaching, training and team development.
- Conducting/Attending mandatory quarterly safety and training meetings with site maintenance staff. This may include scheduling of guest speakers, presentations and reviewing company procedures.
- At least five years of conventional Property Management supervisory experience with progressive advancement.
- Working knowledge of facility maintenance, construction, construction management, renovation management and trouble shooting of maintenance issues.
- Strong knowledge of; rough & finish carpentry, roofing, electric, plumbing, HVAC, drywall.
- Proficient in Yardi, Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Ability to make quick, accurate and concise strategic decisions.
- Valid Driver’s License, willingness to travel up to 50% of the time if necessary.
- Unparalleled work ethic and drive for success.
- Ability to be an integral part of developing a strong team and working within a corporate team.
- Organized – Ability to bring and maintain order, Ability to focus on key priorities and juggle multiple projects.
- Dedicated- Able to roll up sleeves, make great things happen, be loyal and committed to excellence.
- Motivated- Self-starter who isn’t afraid to talk with people in growing the company, inspire staff to follow and reach higher levels of performance.
- Excellent leadership skills, including; public speaking, written communication, strategic thinking, empowerment, motivation & engendering trust in others.
- Must pass criminal background screening investigation.
- OSHA 10-hour training.
- Enforce and help audit our equipment inventory control system.
- Enforce and assist with our preventative maintenance program.
- Expertise at Enhancing Property Values through Income generation and expense control management. Finding and negotiating better sources of goods and services to provide the property and controlling expenses.
- Proficiency in Preparation and Interpretation of Financial Reporting.
- Review and guidance on site incident reports that involve physical damage to the property.
- Excellence in Resident Relations and Retention through the prompt completion of service requests.
- Conduct monthly site visits and follow through with performance improvement.
- Being a Stickler for Policy and Procedural Compliance. Ensure among your team a high level of compliance with CLEAR operational policies and procedures.
- Monitor SMART numbers of each property, report results in Department Meetings. Assist with the implementation and enforcement of structures and systems to improve performance, such as; service request completion percentages, make ready turn ratios, retention, and NOI.
- Audit compliance of each property with lender and governmental requirements and codes. This includes properly addressing citations, violations and requests of a physical nature. Ensure all permits are current.
- Verify the company is conducting proper and legal practices for maintenance, safety and construction activities.
- verify all property amenities are safe, compliant and open for use by residents.
- Verify all properties are implementing (& tracking) key distribution and resident storage practices.
- Assist community managers and maintenance supervisors with capital improvement planning and implementation.
- Cooperation with the Director of Training & H.R.; Recruit, Hire, Retain, Mentor, Coach and Manage your team.
- Monitor and improve operational systems and processes.
- Provide assistance in drafting an annual capital expenses budget for each property utilizing CLEAR PM templates and systems. Monitoring budget conformance.
- Follow up and follow thru with vendors, employees and management regarding repairs, regular services and capital projects needed at each property.
- Participation in bi-weekly senior staff meetings. (Remove)
- Regular communication with owners regarding the physical condition of their asset.
- Assist in the development of; construction scopes of work and acquisition due diligences.
CAMT, CPM or similar certification
General construction license or certifications
College business degree from four year institution