Multifamily Renovation Manager
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Who Are We?
Clear Property Management is a full-service management company that specializes in multi-family property and construction management services. Our proven methodology is built on local expertise & diversity to provide industry leading performance and delivery in an environmentally and socially-conscious manner.
We are a multi-dimensional company, collaborating with our clients, partners, and investors on high-end multifamily, to ultimately provide better homes for better lives.
Who Are You?
You are a hungry Renovations Manager who wants to take the next step in their career. You will be managing areas of CLEAR Property Management’s construction projects in the State of Texas, as well as liaising with vendors, Asset Management, Regional Property Managers, Acquisitions in order to get our multifamily renovations to the finish line. In addition, you are adept at budgeting, excel and project cost flow. In addition, you possess a keen understanding of OSHA, as well as municipal and federal code compliance.
What Will You Be Doing- The Essential Functions
- Assess, define and be able to write scope of interior and exterior line items to procure bids
- Collection, analysis and management of bids
- Oversee construction and renovation on all major Capital Projects
- Establish due diligence tool in coordination with Asset Management and Acquisitions
- Ensure high performance of all trade contractors and to ensure that all specification and regulations are being followed, especially as it relates to OSHA compliance
- Ensures that construction projects move according to predetermined schedule and project profitability forecast, consistently monitoring the progress of construction activities
- Manage and report weekly renovation progress, actual to budget, allowance use, and timeline compliance
- Ensure permits get filed and closed upon job completion
- Project Accounting- Budget and spend management, track allowances and change orders, ensure risk mitigation
- Manage due diligence inspections for all construction renovation projects – specifically focusing on total community inspection
- Manage unit turn tracking information for renovations and construction projects
- Serve as the project and construction expert, making recommendations to Asset Management.
- Assess and recommend appropriate change orders as required by and appropriate to business plan.
- Manage renovation unit turn time frame from unit vacancy to lease-ready.
- Set a high standard for project quality, deadline management, and employee safety
What Does Success Look Like?
- Cost Control- You know ownership is getting the best possible price for labor and materials... while retaining high quality service
- Communication flows freely- There's plenty of follow up and stakeholders know what is going on at all times during the project
- Efficiency- The construction and renovation processes are streamlined from scope writing, to the bidding process to work completion and acceptance
- Client Satisfaction- Owners, asset management and property managers are happy with your work
- Compliance- The government is not coming after ownership for code compliance or OSHA-related issues
- Profit- You are maximizing the amount of money ownership is making on each project
- Leadership Development- Your guidance helps all family companies grow along with you.
What Are We Looking For- The Essentials
- Associate degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience preferred.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Heavy experience in apartment RENOVATIONS.
- MUST HAVE YARDI EXPERIENCE
- MUST KNOW HOW TO DEVELOP AN ACCURATE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SCOPE acceptable for Asset Management
- Must know how t o create accurate budgets for the scopes you create
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Progressive experience in residential and/or multi-family construction management
- OSHA 10 hour training highly desired, but not required for the right candidate
- Ability to use multiple technological systems to manage project financials within budget
- Familiarity with code compliance and municipal building rules in the State of Texas
- Knowledge of construction estimation and bidding processes
- Understanding of project cost analysis
- Must be able to travel regularly within the State of Texas
- Ability to frequently, and sometimes for long periods of time, sit, stand, climb and descend stairs, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, using fingers to grasp, and carry.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, or stoop on occasion.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- High critical thinking and problem solving skills
It Would Be Great If...
- You possessed a CM certification
- You are bi-lingual
What We Offer...
- A competitive salary, with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life insurance and short term disability
- 15 days PTO your first year, increasing every year after
- Travel allowance
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE