Maintenance Technician - HOU
Operations | city, state | Full Time
Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, and ambitious and tech savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given freedom to make great things happen and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industries brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you've got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
As a member of our Maintenance team, the Maintenance Technician is a vital component of our community's day to day impression on existing residents and prospective residents. As such, the Maintenance Technician is expected to maintain a high level of quality customer service and professionalism. The Maintenance Technician is to ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition. The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Maintenance Technician. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
· Ensure all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner.
· Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area.
· Assist Maintenance Supervisor with monitoring inventory of parts and supplies at appropriate levels.
· Comply with all personnel management policies and procedures.
· Help Maintenance Supervisor oversee completion of service requests in 24 hours or per community policy.
· Help Maintenance Supervisor ensure staff is motivated and functions as an effective team.
· Maintain superior customer service relationship.
· Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors and supervisors.
· Work with Maintenance Supervisor to maintain effective preventative maintenance program.
· Work with Maintenance Supervisor to adhere to budget guidelines.
· Assist Maintenance Supervisor to maintain hazard communications program.
· Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features as required to minimize liability concerns.
· Ensure adherence to the company's safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures.
· Work with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure physical condition of community is maintained according to company operating and safety
· Ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
· Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
· It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: pool areas, laundry rooms, mail rooms, dumpster
areas, recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, in front of office, walkways to and from and in-between buildings.
· Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and garages as needed.
· Clean and maintain pool as directed.
· Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfer to dumpster or
storage area, whichever is applicable.
· Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster; keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
· Clean and sweep dumpster areas and all outdoor recreational areas.
· Distribute resident communications, i.e. upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc.
· Routinely walks grounds including roof checking for problems and lights out and reports back to supervisors.
· Actively participates in performing work order maintenance repairs and make-ready units.
· Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety
· Performs minor maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting,
flooring, and other building repairs through daily scheduled work orders.
· Completes turnkey process on vacant units.
· Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required.
· Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
· Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc.
· Perform routine maintenance on property as requested.
· Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
· Other duties, as assigned.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Skills & Abilities
- Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic.
- Resourceful, creative, decisive.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently & as a member of various teams and committees with sound judgment.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence.
- Pioneering spirit/drive.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
· No specific level of education is required.
· HVAC and EPA Certification I and II required.
· Basic set of hand tools required as they will not be provided by community.
· Ability to read and write English for safety and productivity reasons.
· Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
· Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
· Use of general maintenance equipment and tools including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping
equipment and required safety, paint equipment, ladders, cleaning chemicals, vacuums, blowers and hoses.
· Two years related experience or training is required.