Maintenance Supervisor- Dallas
Operations | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Come join an up-and-coming manager in a great Dallas area community!
Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
Maintenance Managers oversee all aspects of maintenance of the community as well as supervise the Maintenance Team and Vendor Partners working onsite. As subject matter experts for maintenance, they act as a resource of information for residents, teammates, members of the Support Team, Asset Managers, Clients and Owners by performing inspections, reporting project progress and communicating issues in a clear and timely manner. They work to ensure that maintenance service requests, preventative maintenance tasks and life and safety issues are addressed quickly and efficiently to ensure resident satisfaction, longevity of assets and a hazard-free community. They also assist with curb appeal, organization and make-ready tasks as needed.
What Does Success Mean for the Maintenance Supervisor Role?
It's not about the requirements of the role, though we do ask that you are certified (HVAC, EPA, CPO, Electrical). It's about results. Here are the results we at CLEAR expect from our Maintenance Supervisors:
- expenses are at or below budget
- adequate Maintenance support is maintained for the community at all times
- Maintenance Team Members are supported by their supervisor
- standard service requests are completed in a timely manner and all parties are informed throughout the process
- after-hours emergency service requests are completed in a timely manner and all parties are informed throughout the process
- preventative maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner as outlined in the Facilities Plan
- make-readies are completed within 7 days according to CLEAR standards
- curb appeal is well-maintained throughout the community daily
- amenity areas and tour paths are well-maintained and available for use by residents and for demonstration on tours
- life and safety issues are handled immediately
- all issues that require attention outside of the Maintenance Manager’s abilities are reported, so they may be handled appropriately
- equipment and supplies are in good condition and organized for ease of access
- the community is compliance with OSHA regulations, city/state/county requirements and CLEAR policies and guidelines
- All certifications for all maintenance staff are up to date
- Safety meetings are hosted monthly to inform community members of important compliance requirements.
The Basic Requirements:
- extensive knowledge of maintenance and ability to demonstrate skills necessary to ensure all aspects of the community and apartment homes are well-maintained, in good condition and available for use
- ability to effectively lead a team, communicate initiatives, delegate tasks, schedule coverage as well as train, coach and counsel Team Members as needed
- basic understanding of budgeting
- ability to perform cost/benefit of repairs vs. replacement to minimize expenses and maintain assets
- attention to detail
- ability to walk all areas of the community throughout the day, standing for a minimum of 1 hour at a time, climbing stairs and walking throughout all areas of the community as needed to effectively perform maintenance tasks
- ability to climb ladders and stairs as well as bend at the knees or waist to effectively perform maintenance tasks
- ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (e.g. packages, appliances, equipment)
- ability to operate cleaning or other maintenance equipment
- ability to work with others in order to accomplish goals
- possess a positive attitude and further the mission and values of CLEAR PM
- maintain a basic set of personal tools to use while working at CLEAR PM, including: hammer, screwdrivers (flat head and Phillips head), adjustable wrench set, 25’ tape measure, pliers, vice grip, level, wire cutter, utility blade)
- Competitive Salary-
- Partially employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- World-class training by experts in the industry and internationally
- CLEAR path to grow your career