Apartment Maintenance - Make Ready - DAL
Operations | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, and ambitious and tech savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given freedom to make great things happen and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industries brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you've got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
In coordination with the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, The Make Ready Technician employee's primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "market ready" status in a timely manner and according to the manager's timetable. As a member of our Maintenance team, the Make Ready Technician is a vital component of our community's day to day impression on existing residents and prospective residents. As such, the Make Ready Technician is expected to maintain a high level of quality customer service and professionalism.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks all lights and replaces as necessary
- Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, closets
- Checks applicable appliances and informs Maintenance Supervisor of problems, if out of scope of ability
- Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment
- Make keys when necessary
- Checks faucets sink plugs and repairs/replaces as necessary. Replaces washers when needed. Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted
- Prep and paint all vacant units
- Repairs or replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Repairs plaster holes in walls, paints as necessary
- Inspects bathroom tiles, performs minor repairs/replacements
- Changes A/C filters
- Operates carpet cleaning equipment to clean carpets
- Inspects vacated apartments and completes checklists in regard to make-ready. Informs Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager of needed services and repairs.
- Lends assistance during trash-out of apartment; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster.
- Replaces vacancy lock (if applicable) on day lock is changed for new resident for move-in. Also changes out P.O. box lock when requested (if applicable)
- Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times
- Assists maintenance when requested
- Delivers notices to all apartments
- Reports supply needs to Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic
- Resourceful, creative, decisive
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently & as a member of various teams and committees with sound judgment
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Pioneering spirit/drive
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook or other similar programs.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week (typically 8:30AM - 5:30PM). This schedule is subject to change in accordance with market conditions, daylight savings time, and/or request of RPM.
Must be available to work on Saturdays.