Apartment Maintenance - Houston
Operations | city, state | Full Time
Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, and ambitious and tech savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given freedom to make great things happen and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industries brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you've got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining the physical integrity of the community and handling all service requests including HVAC calls. This involves ensuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The Maintenance Technician will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager. In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician will assume all maintenance responsibilities. The Maintenance Technician may also assist with getting vacant apartments back to “market ready” status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and Freon.
• Must be aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiates action to correct unsafe conditions, i.e., broken gates leading to pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
• Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager.
• Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
• Must be aware of utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs.
• Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
• Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
• Diagnose and performs minor or routine maintenance or repairs in the trades of; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, appliance repair, drywall, roofing, exteriors, windows, and carpentry.
• Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines.
• Reports all major repairs and requisitions to Community Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
• Changes locks and makes keys.
• Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
• Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform Service Supervisor of shortages.
• Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
• Performs any additional duties assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager.
Position requires at least one year experience in on-site property maintenance.
Required to wear back support belt, wear goggles when working with specific equipment, wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
Minimum of 40 hours per week. Weekends as circumstances warrant; on-call on a rotating basis for emergencies.
The Maintenance Technician must be knowledgeable & skilled in the safe use & maintenance of trade tools.