Apartment Maintenance - Groundskeeper-AUS
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
THIS ASSET IS LOCATED IN SOUTH AUSTIN
Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, and ambitious and tech savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given freedom to make great things happen and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industries brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you've got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
In coordination with the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the Groundskeeper position maintains efficient operation and upkeep of property buildings and grounds in a supportive role. As a member of our maintenance team, the Groundskeeper is a vital component of our community's day to day impression on existing residents and prospective residents. As such, the Groundskeeper is expected to maintain a high level of quality customer service and professionalism.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all exterior plant material including, but not limited to grass, trees, shrubs, plantings and flowers.
- Includes removal of weeds from shrubbery beds and dead plant material.
- Notify manager of any diseased, dying or dead landscape plantings.
- Be aware of chemical or fertilizing postings and signs.
- Detail property on regular basis; rake shrubs, shovel mud, when necessary.
- Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clear of loose grass and brush.
- Shovel snow, plow and salt or use ice melt, as needed.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris, pet droppings from the grounds.
- It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: pool areas, laundry rooms, mail rooms, dumpster areas, recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, in front of office, walkways to and from and in-between buildings.
- Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and garages as needed.
- Clean and maintain pool as directed.
- Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfer to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster; keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
- Clean and sweep dumpster areas and all outdoor recreational areas.
- Distribute resident communications, i.e. upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc.
- Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on property as requested.
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic
- Resourceful, creative, decisive
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently & as a member of various teams and committees with sound judgment
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Pioneering spirit/drive
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook or other similar programs.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week (typically 8:30AM - 5:30PM). This schedule is subject to change in accordance with market conditions, daylight savings time, and/or request of RPM.
Must be available to work on Saturdays.