Business Development Representative
Sales | Santa Barbara, CA | Full Time
We’re looking for a smart, energetic and entrepreneurial Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our Sales Team at ClearPathGPS. In this sales role, you’ll prospect to businesses in the construction, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping, electrical and other similar industries to develop sales leads for our Account Executives.
This is a great opportunity to break into high tech B2B SaaS sales. You'll be part of a small tight knit team that works together to ensure everyone's success. We provide professional sales coaching as you learn valuable skills. This role is designed for rapid advancement into an AE role for those who demonstrate proficiency, energy and grit. The BDR position is a cold call hunting role responsible for generating leads. You'll work closely with marketing to develop calling and prospecting campaigns. Once you have a prospect interested in learning more about the software and our products, you will complete a discovery call to qualify the company and to learn more about their fleet, structure and pain points. You will be responsible for learning the software, integrations, industry and competitive landscape.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a high cadence or targeted outreach sales calls/cold calls into our target market
- Sending a high volume of targeted daily e-mail communications to prospective customers
- Conducting discovery calls prospective ClearPathGPS clients
- Giving high-level solution overview demonstrations to prospective ClearPathGPS clients, conducting needs analysis and identifying business issues/pain points.
- Developing new leads through internet research, lists and directories and social media and entering them into our CRM system.
- Supporting ClearPathGPS marketing efforts by assisting in online, direct mail and other marketing campaigns.
Skills and Experience include but are not limited to:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong track record of excellence and achievement
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency with HubSpot or SalesForce is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office, social media and general internet research
- Energy and desire to make numerous phone calls daily
- ‘Hunter’ mentality in seeking out new business and an insatiable desire to succeed
- Ability to build strong personal relationships with prospects, customers, partners and employees
About Your Compensation
- Competitive OTE (Base Salary + Commissions + Bonus)
- Company Paid Healthcare
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parking
- 401k Plan
Founded in 2013, we have been helping small to mid-sized businesses with fleets of vehicles track and manage their assets to operate more efficiently, safely and profitably. Our telematics software platform and GPS tracking devices are used by thousands of businesses in all 50 states with over 100 fleets right here in Santa Barbara County, such as Marborg, The Berry Man, and Big Green Cleaning. From our offices located in Downtown Santa Barbara our team of 20+ people develops, sells and supports products that receive glowing customer reviews on Trustpilot and Capterra for their ease of use, business results and our extraordinary customer service. Read the reviews and you’ll know you’re working with a product line that customers love.
This is a Santa Barbara based, full time position and no remote candidates or relocation packages will be considered.