Technician | Washington, PA | Full Time
ClearFiber, an Internet service provider in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, is currently seeking a Lineman.
ClearFiber is providing Internet, Phone and TV to residential and businesses in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. We are known for providing an environment, which allows our employees to achieve their personal, business, family and financial goals.
We currently have an exciting Lineman opportunity for an experienced person with a goal-oriented mindset who is willing to invest a serious amount of time in the pursuit of unlimited economic potential. Are you looking for just an opportunity or are you looking for a career?
If you are:
- Motivated by challenges and rewards and can persevere
- Possess the ability to exceed target goals
- Passionate about small details and making things work
- Willing to invest the time necessary to attain the end goal
- Ability to follow through on your dreams
Then this is the career for you!
Fundamental Components and Physical Requirements Include but are Not Limited to:
- Work with team to string messenger and fiber between pole lines and lashing
- Run fiber-optics from pole to pole
- Run fiber through conduit underground and work with the team pulling cable
- Working on aerial spans
- Splicing of active & passive equipment for Fiber-optics
- Attaching strand
- Lashing cable, applying tension to cable
- Install/ Repair using NESC codes
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely operate a bucket truck
- Properly climb poles with ability to safely use ladders
- Work outside in varying conditions
Skills & Competencies:
- Lineman – experience with attaching lines to power and telephone poles
- Operate heavy and light equipment including digger and bucket trucks, aerial lifts, backhoes etc.
- Reliable Travel
- Experience in workforce
Knowledge & Experience
- Work History
- Experience in the field (preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in workforce (preferred)
- Knowledge of Internet and telecommunications or electrical work (preferred)
Minimum criteria to be considered:
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School or GED
- Able to travel within certain time periods
- Reliable Transportation with appropriate liability and property coverage
We offer a competitive performance-based compensation package; commissions, plus performance and quality business bonus programs. We help involve all of our employees into a group policy plan that gives you, the employee, the ability to get the best benefits.
Benefits package includes:
- Medical Plan
- And other plans not listed
Please read the qualifications and details for this position carefully. The successful applicants will have to get up to speed quickly and therefore, we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.