Software QA Engineer
Development Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Salary: DOE / Competitive
Join a dynamic and fast growing team of software engineers delivering complex web solutions. Make a direct impact on the operations of billion dollar companies with the projects you have architected and coded. Clarity operates in an agile framework, and the QA tester is an integral part of the workflow. If you are an organized, methodical, and energetic individual who thrives on details and is comfortable being accountable for the validation and ultimate quality of a deliverable, this may be the role for you. In this role, you will work closely with project managers and developers to ensure the quality of our eCommerce platform product, as well as individual websites and mobile applications we develop for our clients. You will regularly be creating test plans for and actively testing several projects concurrently.
Core Position Responsibilities
- Review functional and technical design documentation and provide feedback to project managers
- Generate detailed, comprehensive, and clear test cases, test plans, and test reports based on requirements documentation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, track bugs and issues in project lifecycle management tool (Visual Studio Team Services); regression tests
- Utilize automated testing software to create end-to-end tests
- Coordinate with project managers to review testing plans, testing progress, results, and ensure appropriate allocation for addressing bugs
- Maintain release notes documentation for product
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent experience working in software development quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes (VSTS Test Suite and BrowserStack a plus)
- Experience writing detailed, clear, concise test cases, test plans, and test reports
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Some knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment workflow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for technology and self-starter attitude
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development framework a plus
- CSTE a plus
Health Insurance, Profit Sharing, Generous Paid Time Off, Leadership Opportunities, Positive and Educational Work Environment, Ongoing Training, Rapid Growth, Client Facing Experience, Weekly Team Lunches
Please - no faxes or phone calls. NO THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS, RECRUITERS, CORP TO CORP OR CONSULTANTS.
The interview process will be thorough, including a personality test and a real world coding project. Apply only if you demand of yourself the same standards of excellence that you look for in your development team.
Please Note: We do not offer relocation at this time. We do not sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
Apply using the JobScore link or visit us online to apply through our website.
1. Clarity will notify you when we’ve received your application.
2. Clarity will communicate with you about next steps if you are selected as a potential candidate for the position.