Senior Digital Strategist
Strategy and Creative | San Francisco | Full Time
Clarify is hiring a senior digital strategist to help deliver excellent results for our growing roster of political, nonprofit, and commercial clients in a small, tightly knit company atmosphere. You are a highly determined professional who loves the challenge of developing and executing high-quality strategies and have a passion for politics and social change.
As the senior digital strategist, you drive client engagements with considerable autonomy, but also with support and top-level direction from firm principals as necessary. You will be responsible for interfacing with clients, customizing digital channel strategy to effectively reach unique audience profiles and meet conversion goals, supervising junior staff members, integrating design and video support as necessary, and leading workflows in an efficient, organized manner.
Our clients deserve strategy and advice that is informed by the perspectives brought by a wide range of backgrounds and experience. To that end, Clarify is committed to the success of our employees, and we place a priority on recruiting and developing staff from all races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, disability statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, military and veteran statuses.
- Working with client and firm principals to develop client messaging and marketing objectives and translate same into concrete creative vision and actionable strategy
- Translating client brand principles and messaging guidance into strategic direction and accompanying content and creative deliverables
- Converting confusion, uncertainty, and ambiguity into concrete and structured recommendations to clients
- Communicating with clients on conference calls and over email or Slack to coordinate logistics and consistently convey the firm’s value-add
- Managing strategy team members
- Assigning email writing and production, web copywriting, social copywriting and production, and ad copywriting tasks to strategy team members and take responsibility for results
- Driving training strategy and career development for strategy team staff
- Helping figure out team structure and recruiting strategy as necessary
- Overseeing project budgets and progress, juggling strategy department capacity, and taking responsibility for project profitability
- Staying proactively abreast of technical developments and industry changes
- Representing firm at conferences and other external events
- Assisting in crafting and delivering pitches to prospective clients
- 5+ years in progressive-leaning digital advocacy, including at least some experience with each of:
- Email campaign and fundraising strategy and writing
- Email processes and advocacy CRMs
- Organic social media engagement programs
- Website content strategy
- Reading and analyzing digital marketing reports
- Strong writing skills
- Strong design eye
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Attention to detail
Clarify is committed to compensating employees based on output and leveling the playing field for our employees to be compensated fairly. Per our transparent compensation system, the salary range for this position is $80,000 to $107,500 per year, plus health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Clarify is a full-service digital agency offering industry-leading digital advertising, brand strategy, video, email advocacy, and more. Our clients look to us to bring transparency, integration, and intelligence to their digital programs.
Since launching in 2015, we’ve worked with U.S. Senate and House campaigns as well as unions, advocacy organizations, and statewide persuasion and mobilization efforts around the country. These include CREDO Action, Alliance for a Better Minnesota, FWD.us, and SEIU-UHW. Before founding Clarify, our principals generated proven results online for President Barack Obama, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Chuck Schumer, and more.
We look forward to meeting you! To apply, please upload your resume and include a cover letter telling us how you would strive to succeed in this role.