System Assembly Technician
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Part Time, Contract, and Temporary
System Assembly Technician, Civil Maps
Bay Area Ca.
Civil Maps, provider of 3D mapping technology for fully autonomous vehicles, has raised a $6.6 million seed funding round from Ford Motor Company, Motus Ventures, Wicklow Capital, StartX Stanford and Yahoo cofounder Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures.
Civil Maps’ mission is to make it possible for fully autonomous vehicles (SAE Levels 4-5) to drive anywhere smoothly and safely. Through artificial intelligence and vehicle-based local processing, Civil Maps converts sensor data into meaningful map information built specifically to direct fully autonomous vehicles. The company will use the seed investment to accelerate product development and deployment with a number of leading automotive companies and technology partners.
Civil Maps’ artificial intelligence software aggregates raw 3D data from LiDAR (high-resolution laser imaging), camera and other sensors onboard autonomous vehicles and organizes the information into machine-readable maps. The information is vastly more actionable than today's map data and requires only a fraction of the data storage. Thanks to this light data footprint, Civil Maps’ spatial information is far less costly to transmit over cellular networks, enabling the company to easily crowdsource, update and share road data in real time—a major improvement over the lengthy processes that require human annotation in current use. As a result, the company can quickly generate and maintain maps that give fully autonomous vehicles the comprehensive and precise knowledge to autonomous operate safely and smoothly on all roads.
1) Organize devkit hardware room
2) Manage inventory of all tools and parts for atlas devkit assembly and customer hardware integration
3) Order parts as needed for projected assembly needs
4) Work with design engineers to optimize existing atlas devkit design for assembly and ease of operation/vehicle mounting. Provide feedback for the next iteration of the atlas devkit design
5) Assemble and validate atlas devkit units and document the process
6) Perform in car testing of localization software performance with atlas devkit units. Create mission logs of this testing
7) Perform map surveys using atlas devkit units, create mission logs of these surveys and properly organize and upload the data to the Civil Maps servers
8) Install atlas devkit units on customer vehicles and Civil Maps vehicles
2-3+ years of industry experience
Wiring, soldering, assembly
Knowledge of device drivers
Experience with wireless communication systems (WiFi, 4g, antennas and RF) and other networking technologies
Test driven development, hardware-in-the-loop experience
Excellent communication skills
Technical support experience
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based in team work and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.