Software Engineer-Computer Vision
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Software Engineer - Computer Vision, Civil Maps
San Francisco, CA.
Civil Maps develops cognition for autonomous cars, enabling them to crowdsource a dynamic, 3D map for safe driving at continental scale. Our mission is to make it possible for fully autonomous vehicles to drive anywhere smoothly and safely. Through artificial intelligence and vehicle-based local processing, Civil Maps converts sensor data into meaningful map information built specifically to direct fully autonomous vehicles.
Civil Maps solution aggregates raw 3D data from LIDAR (high-resolution laser imaging), camera and other sensors onboard autonomous vehicles and organizes the information into machine-readable maps. The information is vastly more actionable than today's map data and requires only a fraction of the data storage. Thanks to this light data footprint, Civil Maps’ spatial information is far less costly to transmit over cellular networks, enabling the company to easily crowd-source, update and share road data in real time—a major improvement over the lengthy processes that require human annotation in current use. As a result, the company can quickly generate and maintain maps that give fully autonomous vehicles the comprehensive and precise knowledge to autonomous operate safely and smoothly on all roads.Responsibilities
We are looking for a software engineer with strong experience in computer vision and photogrammetry. Join the Civil Maps team to help build high-precision 3D maps from a variety of vision data inputs. Prototype, implement and refine algorithms for 3D reconstruction from mono and stereo imagery. Design experiments in simulation and validate new methods using a variety of instruments. Deploy your solutions on compute-constrained embedded platforms.
- Develop algorithms for extracting depth data from synchronized stereo frames
- Develop algorithms for extracting depth data from sequential images
- Design experimental setups rooted in simulated data
- Validate solutions validation using various camera hardware & Lidar sensors for ground -truthing
- Optimize code for deployment on embedded devices
- MS level in Computer Science with 3-5 years of experience (or equivalent)
- C++ and Python
- Linux and Bash
- Test-driven development
- OOP and design patterns
- Experience with computer vision libraries
- Solid understanding of projections and transformations
- Experience with computer vision instruments including stereo cameras
- Experience deploying algorithms on production systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Affinity for team work
Additional desirable skills:
- Machine learning
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based in team work and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.