Sensor Fusion Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Sensor Fusion Engineer, Civil Maps
San Francisco, CA
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
We are looking for a sensor fusion engineer who will be responsible to integrate sensor data from multiple sensors such as GPS, IMU, and LiDAR to create semantic maps. The engineer will fuse the data from the sensors to localize the automobile.
- Expertise in working with different types of sensors that are used in Autonomous Driving/Robotics
- Expertise in machine learning and applying machine learning to solve real-world problems
- Seasoned programmer - proficient in C++, Python, etc.
- Proficient in using different deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, etc.
- Hands-on implementation knowledge in using different techniques such as Kalman Filtering, Particle Filtering, etc.
- An inclination towards research, and applied research. Be able to research solutions to new problems, apply them to the problem at hand, and take it to the finish line
- 3+ years of relevant industry expertise, or Masters/PhDs with relevant research or project experience
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.