Senior Machine Learning / AI Engineer, Semantics
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Senior ML / AI Engineer, Semantics, Civil Maps
Palo Alto, CA (New Office Location)
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Hands on experience in 3D computer vision, point clouds, etc.
- Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks; applying ML and CNN/DNN techniques to handle different tasks related to mapping.
- Familiarity with maps, loop closure, map datums, and projections.
- C, C++ Python experience.
- Led small teams, ensuring good coding practices, reviewing code developed by others.
- Created a conducive and driven atmosphere for success.
- A deep passion to succeed.
- Ability to work in a diverse and distributed team across different levels of corporate hierarchy.
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.