Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
San Francisco, CA
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
Role Responsibilities· Investigate and develop technical concepts and solutions for new generation of services linking vehicles to the cloud and mobile devices.· Develop flexible, performant, and polished web content, utilizing latest development paradigms while collaborating closely with UX/UI designers.· Designing, developing, and maintaining network services and distributed systems, with particular attention to RESTful interfaces, microservice architectures, and potential for scalability.Out-of-the-box thinking by adding.
· Experience with developing web front-ends focusing on modular and maintainable systems with high performance.
· Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining RESTful services.
· Experience with optimal integration of internal/proprietary, third party, and open source technologies to solve complex problems in a customer-centric manner.
· Proficiency in Linux.
· Familiar with key development and collaboration tools (git, Jira, Confluence etc.).
· Familiar with the design & analysis of computer algorithms and data structures.
· Advanced knowledge of networking and distributed systems.
· 5+ years’ experience with common back-end frameworks such as Spring, Play, etc. and associated software development paradigms.
· Experience with common front-end frameworks and technologies such as JQuery, Bootstrap, EJS.
· HTML5, CSS3 (and CSS preprocessors), responsive design, etc. and associated software development paradigms.
· Basic knowledge of SQL/ORM as well as NoSQL principles and practices.
· Familiar with development and deployment on cloud systems such as AWS (using DynamoDB, ElastiCache, etc.).
· Experience in implementing microservices and back-end architectures in highly modular deployments.
· Experience managing streaming and heavyweight data in an efficient and scalable way.
· Experience in a collaborative and interdisciplinary research environment.
· Familiarity with mobile development on Android and iOS.
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based in team work and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.