Senior Director of Sales Engineering
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Director of Sales Engineering, Civil Maps
San Francisco, CA
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
We are looking for a seasoned and savvy senior director of sales engineering to join our rapidly growing sales organization, reporting to the global head of sales and business development. We seek a candidate who has a passion for over-achieving goals, capable of scaling teams, and helping to develop high growth companies. Our candidate should be a self-starter comfortable with owning the technical details of a sales opportunity or project as well as presenting the company's capabilities at a strategic level.
- Support the sales team’s engagements with customers and prospects in-house and out in the field.
- Direct the worldwide company sales engineering efforts from a technical perspective including but not limited to technical qualification, prioritization, and alignment of sales engineering support
- Grow, develop, and mentor a worldwide solutions engineering team
- Work effectively across the organization with team leaders in product, engineering, and customer success to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, product fit with market, and proper prioritization of roadmap
- Travel to customer and prospect locations to support and pull/push opportunities through the sales funnel
- Innovate, define, and direct the development of proof-of-concepts and prototypes for sales prospects and clients
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management position directing a technical sales teams in support of complex software sales to enterprises
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 provider experience
- Excellent communication skills that project confidence, professionalism, and competence
- Ability to interact and work with C-level executives as well as project managers and technical personnel
- Experience communicating complex customer issues and use cases to product and development teams
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability, and urgency
- A willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Awesome sense of humor
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.