FrontEnd - WebGL Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
FrontEnd - WebGL Engineer, Civil Maps
San Francisco, CA
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
We are looking for a frontend WebGL engineer who will work on developing 3D augmented reality maps.
- Develop visualization in HTML5/CSS and native C++ OpenGL Stacks
- Create augmented reality overlays for videos
- Design tactile feedback interfaces for user interactions
- Build animations for map visualizations
- Develop API requests and event handlers
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience with significant front-end experience
- Exceptional HTML/CSS, SASS and LESS skills
- Experience with Three.js, SVG, WebGL and Canvas/CSS animation
- Expertise in 3D graphics and Info-graphics
- Experience with web & mobile libraries, socket.io, and Node.js or Python
- Significant UI/UX development on both Web and Mobile applications
- Solid understanding of design patterns
- Familiarity with version control, and build tools like Webpack or Grunt/Gulp
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated deployment systems
- The ability to pick things up quickly with minimal supervision, and be flexible during busy periods
- Self-motivated and directed, with a keen interest in current and emerging technologies
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.