Director of Product / Principal Product Manager
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Director Product/Principal Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
Every few years, technology disrupts and transforms an industry. Civil Maps is a thought leader by making cognition for cars a scalable product for Autonomous vehicles. You have a chance to shape the product for Civil Maps and the market.
Our product management team is growing fast. We are looking for enterpreneurial attitude to experimenting and solving complex problems to transform automotive and fleet industries.
As Director of Product Management/Principal Product Manager/Sr Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team to achieve Civil Maps vision and product roadmap. You will be working with Design, Research, Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams to execute these roadmaps and deliver to Civil Maps customers.
- A minimum of 7 years in Product Management at a technology company or related function
- Responsible for the product swim lane roadmap and successfully delivering the product
- Collaborate closely across Engineering, sales, marketing, finance teams
- Lead the Release Management of Sprints for product swim lane
- Be the evangelist and champion for the product.
- Empathize and understand customer’s product feedback. Discover customer’s product need for the product swim lane.
- Define KPIs for product swim lane. Present metrics to management.
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.