Director of Product/Principal Product Manager
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
[Position Title], Civil Maps
Bay Area Ca.
Civil Maps, provider of 3D mapping technology for fully autonomous vehicles, has raised a $6.6 million seed funding round from Ford Motor Company, Motus Ventures, Wicklow Capital, StartX Stanford and Yahoo cofounder Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures.
Civil Maps’ mission is to make it possible for fully autonomous vehicles (SAE Levels 4-5) to drive anywhere smoothly and safely. Through artificial intelligence and vehicle-based local processing, Civil Maps converts sensor data into meaningful map information built specifically to direct fully autonomous vehicles. The company will use the seed investment to accelerate product development and deployment with a number of leading automotive companies and technology partners.
Civil Maps’ artificial intelligence software aggregates raw 3D data from LiDAR (high-resolution laser imaging), camera and other sensors onboard autonomous vehicles and organizes the information into machine-readable maps. The information is vastly more actionable than today's map data and requires only a fraction of the data storage. Thanks to this light data footprint, Civil Maps’ spatial information is far less costly to transmit over cellular networks, enabling the company to easily crowdsource, update and share road data in real time—a major improvement over the lengthy processes that require human annotation in current use. As a result, the company can quickly generate and maintain maps that give fully autonomous vehicles the comprehensive and precise knowledge to autonomous operate safely and smoothly on all roads.
As Director of Product Management/Principal Product Manager, you will
- Be responsible for the product swim lane roadmap and successfully delivering the product
- Collaborate closely across Engineering, sales, marketing, finance teams
- Lead the Release Management of Sprints for product swim lane
- Be the evangelist and champion for the product.
- Empathize and understand customer’s product feedback. Discover customer’s product need for the product swim lane.
- Define KPIs for product swim lane. Present metrics to management.
As Director of Product Management/Principal Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team to achieve Civil Maps vision and product roadmap. You will be working with Design, Research, Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams to execute these roadmaps and deliver to Civil Maps customers.
- A minimum of 7 years in Product Management at a technology company or related function
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based in team work and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.