Business Development - Regional Manager
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Business Development - Regional Manager, Civil Maps
San Francisco, CA
Civil Maps’ sensor-agnostic platform enables vehicular cognition, replicating human cognition used in the tasks of driving and navigation. OEMs of all types, mapping companies, and mobility providers use our technology to advance their autonomous driving initiatives by integrating our Cognition Engine with their decision-making stack and sensor configurations of choice. Civil Maps enables vehicles to develop and leverage their own “mental model” of the world; they can create, utilize, and crowdsource maps with the industry’s most cost-effective, scalable, and robust methods available today. Our proprietary fingerprinting technology lies at the core of our innovations in sensor fusion, 3D mapping, centimeter-accurate localization in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF), and machine perception. While empowering vehicles with full environmental awareness and enhanced safety, Civil Maps is able to dramatically reduce the cost, compute, and energy requirements involved in the continental-scale deployment of autonomous cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. From our headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the Asia-Pacific, Civil Maps works with the most innovative companies in the world towards advancing safe vehicle autonomy. Founded in 2015, the company is funded by automotive OEMs Ford and SAIC as well as Motus Ventures, the Stanford-StartX Fund, and many other distinguished investors.
We are looking for a seasoned and savvy business development - regional manager to join our rapidly growing sales organization, reporting to the global head of sales and business development. We seek a candidate who has a passion for over-achieving goals, capable of scaling teams, and helping to develop high growth companies. Our candidate should be a self-starter comfortable with owning the technical details of a sales opportunity or project as well as presenting the company's capabilities at a strategic level.
- Understand the market and customers' needs, the company's and competitors' capabilities, monitoring the environment and new developments
- Develop GoToMarket Strategy with a focus on customer segmentation and selecting the most suitable segments. Deciding on the value proposition and execution strategy
- Develop profitable business models and identifying the best way to capture customers value created
- Identify sales channels and potential customers in the different market segments
- Build and maintaining relationships with potential partners and securing partnerships to pilot new products / build an ecosystem
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal stakeholders (e.g. Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc)
- Participate in trade shows and customer events as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Software Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in business development, sales or strategic partnerships in the consumer services, connected car or automotive industry
- Demonstrated knowledge/relationships with companies in the autonomous vehicle, mobility, and/or connected cars space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong customer relationships
- Strong negotiating skills; experience crafting deals and developing business relationships
- Ability to manage complex projects and multitask with excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking to make sound and timely decisions
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.