Maintenance Engineering Apprentice
Maintenance | Oelwein, IA | Full Time and Part Time
We are currently searching for an individual with career aspirations that would like to learn more about maintenance in a high tech mechanical environment. We're an old company, but we're definitely not old school.
We're looking for individuals with education or background in electronics, pneumatics, or plumbing. As an apprentice at CITY your main responsibilities are to help minimize production downtime through maintenance activities of equipment and tools. You will help secure the machine performance and extend machine life through management of preventative maintenance programs. Assist with root cause analysis on every failure causing production downtime. Help prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time, while balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures using problem solving tools. Suggest and implement equipment project improvements for process efficiency. Work collaboratively with different departments in problem solving. Provide general support to Maintenance Department.
We have a proven culture of supporting the development and advancement of our employees' individual career goals and are proud that 44% of our current management team was promoted from within.
Work hours are potentially flexible and we will consider working with your class schedule if you are a student. Still in school? Talk to us about tuition reimbursement.
- Potential/flexible working hours
- Competitive Medical and Dental benefits for full time schedule
Requirements of the position:
- Represent the company in a positive manner and dress and act professionally at all times.
- Positive communication with clients, potential clients, and co-workers.
- Ability to climb on and off equipment safely
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment
- Ability to be trained in forklift or other powered industrial trucks usage
- Ability to lift up 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment
- Ability to take and follow insturctions
- Ability to learn and follow CITY policies and procedures
- High School diploma