Fall Marketing Internship
Marketing | Oelwein, IA | Internship
We are currently searching for an ambitious individual to boost CITY’s marketing efforts starting in August/September 2018. You would be working alongside the marketing manager, videographer, and editor to help grow CITY.
You will work a flexible 10-20 hours week, and you will spend your day independently developing new ideas to share on CITY’s company blog and social media channels, writing and designing new content for the company newsletter, and assisting the marketing manager wherever needed. The main purpose of this internship is to assist with marketing writing/editing projects.
If you were a Marketing Intern for CITY, this is a list of tasks you may have done last week:
- Worked alongside the marketing manager to discuss goals and expectations, and together develop a basic outline of the summer internship.
- Reviewed CITY’s current social media presence and come up with a list of new ideas that would engage CITY’s current client base.
- Discussed with the marketing manager your list of ideas and together come up with a strategic plan.
- Created and proofed at least one social media post during each work shift by taking photos, designing a graphic, or writing an article for our blog that aligns with the pre-approved marketing calendar.
- Assisted the marketing manager to create, write, and edit the company newsletter.
- Received professional support at a periodic marketing meeting from the marketing manager, videographer, and editor.
- Potential/flexible remote working hours
- Company provided computer and Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Company provided Dropbox account and external drive to store all files
- Willing to work with class schedule.
Requirements of the position:
- Represent the company in a positive manner and dress and act professionally at all times.
- Maintain a neat and business casual appearance.
- Positive communication with clients, potential clients, and co-workers.
- Ability to lift up 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Highschool student with an interest in marketing or college student.
- Experience in video, writing, design, or general marketing and public relation responsibilities or based on what your expertise is in.
- Provide at least one sample of the following: photography, graphic design, videography, or article.