Bilingual Human Resources Generalist
Office | Oelwein, IA | Full Time
Are you a dedicated, detail oriented individual that is ready to work in a fast-paced, growing industry?
In this position, you would be responsible for assisting in facilitation and administration of all aspects of HR functions to maximize the strategic use of human resources and assist with administrative functions such as data entry, benefits, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. The position requires fluency in Spanish and English, as a large percentage of the responsibilities will be to assist in translating information to Hispanic employees and potential candidates.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Assists with communicating company policies & procedures.
- Assists with monitoring employee relations issues to ensure consistent application of policies in compliance with legal requirements & company practice.
- Assists with communication of employee benefit packages and eligibility. Assist employees in resolving insurance claims issues when necessary.
- Assist with benefit enrollment.
- May assist with compliance of COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed and record COBRA premium payments.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements including I-9 verification and proper separation of medical file materials.
- Assists with monitoring timely delivery of performance evaluations by monitoring and sending out reminders.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and employee benefits.
- Assist with the hiring process as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination/separation.
- Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner.
- Assist with procedures ensuring compliance with state and federal laws – EEO, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, OSHA – and help facilitate all required reporting. Research employment laws and best practices as needed.
- Assist Management and Supervisory staff in carrying out responsibilities by providing administrative and technical support.
- Assist with incoming call overflow and screening of calls.
- Assisting with event planning (including employee lunches, holiday parties and other events to promote employee morale).
- Clerical functions such as scanning, filing, typing, shredding, and word processing.
- Assist with contributions to bi-monthly newsletter.
- Other duties as needed.
This position requires regular and reliable attendance.
A 2-year degree, plus 1-2 years human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Must be proficient in MS Office tools including Word, Excel, and Outlook. A positive attitude, proven teamwork skills, excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, strict adherence to confidentiality practices, and willingness to help cooperatively in other areas on any project is a must. Must be able to relate to individuals at all levels within the organization and be sensitive to both employee and business needs.
Full time position. Some flexibility, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00-5:00 p.m. (less lunch) and must work 30 + hours each week to maintain full time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Occasional travel may be required.
Post offer physical and substance testing is required.
Selected candidate must also pass criminal background screening. EOE
Since 1906, CITY has thrived as an independently owned industrial laundry provider with its distinctive ability to go above and beyond with responsive and committed values. Generations have trusted CITY, and as a multi-generational, family-owned company, we have forged partnerships with clients that last. By reinvesting in employees, the latest technology, and its facilities, CITY continues to focus on ways to improve its service. We're an old company but we're not old school- we invest in the latest technologies in order to serve our customers and communities efficiently and sustainably.
Visit our website: https://www.citysafeandsimple.com/
For additional opportunities: www.citycleanandsimple.com/join-our-team