Office | Oelwein, IA | Full Time
Since 1906, CITY has thrived as a family owned industrial launderer with its distinctive ability to go above and beyond with responsive and committed values. Generations have trusted CITY, and as a multi-generational, family-owned company, we have forged partnerships with clients that last. By reinvesting in employees, technology, and its facilities, CITY continues to focus on ways to improve its service. We're an old company but we're not old school- we invest in the latest technologies in order to serve our customers and communities efficiently and sustainably.
We are looking for a dedicated, detail oriented individual that is ready to work in a fast-paced, growing industry as an Accounting Assistant at our Oelwein office.
Responsibilities will vary but may include any of the below:
- Routine and non-routine accounting functions in accordance with general accounting principles.
- Process new credit applications
- Verify collection amounts on a daily basis
- Verify cash and paperwork complies with internal control procedures
- Perform accounts receivable including, but not limited to, collections, payment applications, aging analysis, etc.
- Perform accounts payable functions
- Assist with month end activities
- Special accounting projects as needed
- Assist with general office duties including answering incoming phone calls, ordering supplies, filing, daily collection of mail and making copies.
- Assist co-workers with questions related to and affected by our invoicing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires regular and reliable attendance.
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Proficient in computer application- MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A cooperative attitude, proven teamwork skills, and willingness to help in other areas on any project is a must
- Strict adherence to confidentiality practices
- Degree or experience in accounting is preferred (but not required as this is an entry level position)
Full time position. Some flexibility, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00-5:00 p.m. (less 30-minute lunch) and must work 30 + hours each week to maintain full time status.
To the qualified person we offer:
- Health,(with only a $750 deductible for an individual!)
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Flex Benefits
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Enrollment in 401K plan
- Supplemental Insurance
Post offer physical and substance testing is required.
Selected candidate must also pass criminal background screening. EOE
Visit our newly updated website at www.citycleanandsimple.com