Software Engineering | West Hollywood, CA
Software Engineer (Java)
CityGrid is a leader in local business advertising solutions. The company connects local business advertisers with hundreds of websites and mobile apps through CityGrid®, our local content and advertising network. We own and operate leading local properties including Citysearch and Insider Pages and partner with sites such as Urbanspoon, Mapquest and Yellowpages.
CityGrid is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Software Engineer to work with the Data Engineering team. The Data Engineering team is responsible for a broad range of systems including the real-time processing of ad clicks, traffic quality modules, call tracking, as well as reporting & management tools to support other departments.
You will be working with a highly talented team of hard core engineers at a wonderful office with exposure to a wide range of technologies and frameworks such as Cassandra, Storm, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, and multiple AWS offerings to solve various problems.
- Design and implement scalable and maintainable production systems that help shape & manage our products and drive profits.
- System evaluation and tuning: Actively participate in testing in development cycle as well as testing data production, output evaluation and tuning for the best results.
- Bachelors Degree in CS or equivalent from accredited universities. Masters or PhD a plus.
- A minimum of 2+ years of industry experience in development of modules for data processing, analysis, monitoring, or web apps
- A minimum of 5 + years of software engineering hands on experience.
- Must have a minimum 3+ years of Java programing experience.
- Strong programming skills in at least one of these languages on Unix OS: Python or C/C++.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Unix Shell Scripts/Tools.
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals, capability of developing high performance data structures, algorithms and heuristics, capable of building stable/scalable production systems.
- Hands on Experience working on information retrieval and analyzing huge data sets.
- Experience in the following are big pluses ( Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Map Reduce, SOLR/Lucene/Elastic Search, Storm/Trident/Cassandra )
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Solid team player. Good Communication skills.
- Agile development using SCRUM is a plus.
- Passion for utilizing open source frameworks and in contributing back to the community.
At CityGrid, our values are reflected in everything we do. From the products we build to the people we hire. If you are passionate and want to help local businesses thrive, making every contact count, while answering real problems, then CityGrid is the place where you want to grow your career.
We offer one of the best working environments in the web community and a comprehensive compensation, plus benefits package. We also have great perks, like fresh fruit daily; bring your dog to work day, foosball, ping pong, movie and game nights.
So if you are exceptional at what you do....then we want to hear from you today!
CityGrid is an equal opportunity employer.