UX Design | Portland, OR | Full Time
Citizen, a design and technology company located in Portland, Oregon, is seeking a UX/IxD Lead to help inspire and lead a team of curious, smart, and passionate designers. Our ideal candidate will bring clear and frictionless solutions to an array of design challenges, always striving to make the complex feel simple and intuitive.
We discover, we experiment, we perfect. We are driven by an intrinsic need to solve complex problems and make technology that works harder for people. We have a knack for syncing industry and technology with human needs, bringing companies and their customers closer together.
To be considered, you must have 4+ years experience in interaction design as well as proven experience managing an interaction team within an agency environment. Please submit both a resume and portfolio that describes your process and demonstrates both design concepts as well as relevant wireframe flows for a variety of digital projects and platforms.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborating effectively with Fortune 100 clients in a range of industries, securing approval on the team’s ideas and solutions.
- Translating user goals, research, and business objectives into clear and compelling design solutions.
- Selecting and executing discovery exercises that familiarize clients with our process and set up the team for success.
- Establishing direction for projects and defining full interactive design specifications.
- Planning and delegating tasks required to successfully complete a project, while sharing leadership with a project’s visual design lead.
- 4+ years of professional experience in interaction design for digital products and services.
- Experience creating highly detailed wireframe flows and information architectures.
- Proven track record of creating concepts that are inspiring, imaginative, and implementable.
- Strong familiarity with considerations specific to mobile and responsive design.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new skills and processes.
- Experience integrating prototyping tools into the design process (e.g., InVision, etc.).
- Masterful knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CS (InDesign in particular), and Keynote.
- Willingness to relocate to beautiful Portland, Oregon and, on occasion, travel for work.
- Enjoy working in our vibrant, smart, open warehouse office environment
While not required, the following skills would be really, really nice:
- Experience with emergent connected technologies (IoT, wearables, VR, AR, etc.).
- Experience implementing user research and testing.
- Education or background in Interaction Design, HCI, and/or Design.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and JS.
For consideration, attach your resume, portfolio and a cover letter with relevant experience list of potential references. Please include your reason for interest and salary requirements.
Be sure to explain what makes you a great fit for the Citizen team, highlighting particularly relevant experience and expertise. If hired, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and robust benefits package.
Citizen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. See who we are at: https://vimeo.com/122140851