UX Design | Portland, OR | Full Time and Contract
Citizen, a design and technology company located in Portland, Oregon, is seeking a UX/IxD Designer to work shoulder to shoulder with our team of curious, smart, and passionate UX designers.
We discover, we experiment, we perfect. We are driven by an intrinsic need to solve complex problems and make technology that works harder for people. We have a knack for syncing industry and technology with human needs, bringing companies and their customers closer together.
Our ideal candidate has experience in creating web and cross-platform mobile user interfaces for iPhone and Android, etc. You must also be a talented visual designer and pay close attention to detail. Mobile OEM, carrier, and/or design agency experience is preferred. In order to be considered, please submit short samples of a variety of UX projects.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Translate user goals, research, and business objectives into clear and compelling design solutions.
- Select and execute discovery exercises that familiarize clients with our process and set up the team for success.
- Establish direction for projects and define full interactive design specifications.
To be considered, applicants must possess:
- Experience creating highly detailed wireframe flows and information architectures.
- Proven track record of creating concepts that are inspiring, imaginative, and implementable.
- Strong familiarity with considerations specific to mobile and responsive design.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new skills and processes.
- Experience integrating prototyping tools into the design process (e.g., InVision, Axure, Proto.io, etc.)
- Masterful knowledge of Adobe CS and InDesign in particular.
- Willingness to relocate to beautiful Portland, Oregon and, on occasion, travel for work.
- 3+ years experience in interaction design.
While not required, the following skills would be really, really nice:
- Experience with mobile UX and other emergent connected technologies (IoT, wearables, etc.).
- Experience implementing user research and testing.
- Education or background in Interaction Design, HCI, and/or Design.
Be sure to explain what makes you a great fit for the Citizen team, highlighting particularly relevant experience and expertise; attach your resume; and include your portfolio via pdf or url.
Citizen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. See who we are at: https://vimeo.com/122140851