Web Developer (Python, AWS, Linux, Remote OK)
Engineering | Westlake, OH
Web Developer (Python, Amazon Web Services, Linux)
We are seeking an entrepreneurial web development professional who can work on a contract basis to assist our CTO/Lead Developer with new feature development, product testing, tracking tickets, bug fixing, and light systems administration. It is our intent to hire the successful candidate on a full-time basis within 3-6 months. We want someone who shares our passion to create top-notch web applications. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a high-growth startup at the ground level, where individual accountability and impact are a part of daily life. Candidates who can work remotely are welcome.
Critical Skills for Success in this Job Include:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Linux (knowledgeable about Ubuntu)
- Strong written/communication skills and can work remotely
- Django is a plus, but not required
Who is CitizenGroove?
CitizenGroove Inc (Cleveland, OH) is a SaaS platform designed to streamline the multimedia intensive recruitment process at music, film, and visual art institutions. The majority of our clients have been collegiate music programs, which have three primary concerns:
- Recruiting a higher number and quality of prospective students
- Staying connected with alumni who enhance your institution's name recognition
- Making your current students more entrepreneurial
School administrators can use our platform to screen a wider pool of international talent and ultimate recruit more efficiency.
We’re a young, energetic, and fast-paced company. As graduates of a collegiate music program, the CG founders know that music programs are not keeping up with today's technology. Rather than sitting back and complaining, we decided to take action. The CitizenGroove team is a unique blend of musicians and software engineers. Our progress to-date includes:
- Commercial product released in August 2010
- 7 university clients (growing quickly) signed-up in first 2 months
- Closed a Series A round venture financing