Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (San Diego)
Cyber Security | San Diego, CA | Full Time
From our cyber-ranges-as-a-service and cloud-based cybersecurity training and assessment platforms that leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to augment and automate the cyber workforce to our security awareness solutions that inform the entire workforce of current cyber threats, Circadence improves an institution’s cybersecurity posture through immersive, persistent solutions tailored to train and inform every employee.
Our Senior Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for the planning, design and build of security architectures; oversees the implementation of network and computer security and ensures compliance with corporate cybersecurity policies and procedures. Monitors cybersecurity requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related network devices. Performs security assessments of applications and systems using penetration and vulnerability testing and risk analysis. Configures and installs firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Configure and adjust operation system and services to meet compliance in production environments. Implements software fixes (patches) to remove system vulnerabilities. Responds immediately to cybersecurity-related incidents and provides a thorough post-event analysis. Investigates intrusion incidents and conducts forensic investigations.
Serves as escalation point for Cybersecurity Analyst, acts as SME for security incidents and deep level audits. Lead in development of comprehensive security programs and processes.
This role reports directly to Director of Cybersecurity. This is a senior role requiring 4+ experience in Security. The best fit candidate can work hands on to identify gaps, mitigate risk, and perform implementation of the changes to services and operating systems.
Advanced knowledge in Enterprise type environment for the following:
- Vulnerability Management (Qualysguard, Nessus, OpenVAS)
- Windows Server OS (Installation, Deployment and Security Hardening)
- Linux OS Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, Centos (Installation, Deployment and Security Hardening)
- Experience in an enterprise environment with editing and hardening services like IIS, Apache, Nginx, SQL, and custom Web Applications.
- Expert in the overall
Knowledge in various security solutions or areas:
- Understanding and Auditing for Switch and Firewall ACLs
- IPS/IDS and SEIM (Any Enterprise IPS, SEIM or Central Logging)
- Business use of Pentest tools (Burp Suite, Webscarab, OWASP Zap, Metasploit, GPU Brute force)
- Certificate management (OpenSSL, MS KPI, Certificate Deployment)
- Monitoring (Solarwinds, Nagios, Whatsup)
- Storage Encryption (BitLocker, Deslock)
- Endpoint Security (Traps, Enterprise AV with Central Management)
- Application Management (Carbon Black or Bit9 Protection)
- Webfilter (Websense/Forcepoint, NexGen Firewall Filter)
- Patch Management (MS SystemCenter or WSUS, Altiris Patch Management, Big Fix)
- Microsoft Rights Management (MS ADRMS, IRM)
- Microsoft Administration (MS AD, Delegated Rights, Groups, & GPO Management)
- Microsoft Auditing (Netwrix Auditor, Change Management, or Managed Event Logging)
- Password Management or Elevated rights (Beyond Trust Powerbroker, Thycotic)
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc)
- Familiar with Compliance requirements
- NIST 800-171r1
- NIST 800-53
- ISO 27001-2013
Years of experience
+5 Years IT Security
+10 Year in IT
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.