Federal Services, R&D | Huntsville, AL | Full Time
itle: Network Engineer-NOSC
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
Department: Federal Services
Direct Supervisor: Director of NOSC Operations
Clearance: TS-SCI required
Job Purpose: Provide direct support to Network Operations Security Center (NOSC).
About Circadence Corporation
Circadence is an award-winning, privately held, US-owned business that specializes in cybersecurity training and assessment platforms. Our core area of expertise is the development and management of cyber range capabilities, implementation of policies, processes and tools required to conduct cyber assessments, and cyber workforce development using Project Ares gamified training platform. Circadence has spent more than a decade working with the Joint Information Operations Range (JIOR) and Joint Mission Environment Test Capability (JMETC) Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) Network (JMN), building cyber ranges and participating in cyber T&E, exercises, and training events. JMN is part of the National Cyber Range Complex (NCRC). Research and development programs focus on tools and services to enhance cyber operations.
Job Description: The engineer will provide engineering support for design, deployment, and execution of compute/storage (virtual) cyber environments. The person will support engineering and maintenance activities within a Network Operations Security Center (NOSC) to maintain the closed-loop, distributed architecture of more than fifty sites. The person will work in a dynamic team environment, working with NOSC leadership, and remote team members and event participants. The engineer will support the full systems engineering life-cycle. There are limited travel requirements for this position.
• 5+ years of hands-on engineering – LAN/WAN, switches, routers
• 2+ years of experience with set-up, configuring, maintenance of VMware ESX and ESXi virtual/cloud hypervisor environments; blade server/SAN storage.
• IAT Level II Security Certification (e.g., Security + CE, CISSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCN)
• Cisco (CCNA) or higher certification AND/OR VMware Certified Professional (VCP): Associate (Vca), Advanced Professional (Vcap), or Design Expert (Vcdx)
• Strong analytic abilities and meticulous and careful in their work
• Independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• NetApp Certification – Implementation Engineer, Support Engineer
• Scripting languages / Certification: Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP), Certified Professional in Python
• Additional Virtualization experience: Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VM, or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
• Windows/Linux experience and associated certifications
• Networking services such as data protection (backup and systems security), Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Active Directory (to include Group Policy management), WSUS, DHCP, DNS, Exchange
• Traffic generation experience: Breaking point, Lariat, SKAION
• Microsoft Visio experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Must be authorized work lawfully in the United States (required)
- Must be located at or near HUNTSVILLE, AL or be willing to relocate (required)
- ACTIVE Security Clearance- Secret or TS – (required)
Compensation: $120,000 - $140,000 negotiable. Circadence is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, critical illness and accident insurance to all full-time employees, along with generous paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.