Human Resources Director
Human Resources | Boulder, CO | Full Time
Job Title: Human Resources Director – Boulder, CO
Department: Human Resources Department
Who We Are
Powered by a culture of innovation, strong intellectual property and the demands of an ever-evolving cybersecurity market, Circadence is growing rapidly and has tremendous upside potential. We are a small, growing company with a flexible and fun culture, backed by a proven and successful executive team.
Who You Are
You are passionate about people and culture with a strong desire to create a fun, safe environment where employees can thrive. You’re eager to make your mark by building out various HR processes and procedures while recruiting the best talent for available positions as the company continues to expand. Regardless of your specific role, you are excited by a start-up environment and willing to wear multiple hats to get the job done (no task too trivial).
- Annually reviewing and making recommendations to executive management for improvement of the Company's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensuring the Company's compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicating changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Coordinating or conducting exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consulting with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the General Counsel, on personnel matters.
- Working directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommending evaluating and participating in staff development for the organization.
- Supervising the human resource department.
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Bachelor's degree. At least six years' related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HR certification (either SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or similar professional designation).
- Experience with recruiting and interview techiques and various HR functions.
- Experience with helping to manage a remote work force.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Previous management experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.