Front End Unity Engineer
Engineering | Remote -Boulder area preferred | Full Time
Front End Unity Engineer
Title: Front End Unity Engineer
Job Location: Remote
Direct Supervisor: Dir. of Software Engineering
Clearance: None Required, TS-SCI Preferred
Circadence has leveraged its history of software advancement, multi-player game development, and a deep understanding of application optimization, to offer Project Ares - the only fully immersive, AI-powered, cybersecurity training platform in the market today. Project Ares provides cybersecurity teams the opportunity to practice skills and hone tactics in realistic, mission-specific virtual environments with real-world tools, and network activity, available 24/7.
We are looking for a Principal Unity Engineer who is motivated to design and implement state-of-the-art Unity web applications. They are a master of their craft and enjoy building out best-practice patterns and abstractions. The Principal Unity Engineer will take time to evaluate emerging technologies and proposes strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability, and deployment of software products. The Principal Unity Engineer is the first line supervisor and mentor for the Unity engineers. This is a permanent full-time position and U.S. citizenship is required.
- Technical mentor to a team of Unity developers.
- Contribute on a cross-functional, agile development team.
Be the technical expert for our Unity based products.
- Participate in design and code reviews, helping establish the team’s best practices and technical vision.
Help refine the current development processes.
- Work with product management to understand requirements and recommend best solutions.
Work closely with creative designers and user experience experts to understand desired user experience.
Partner with QA engineers and collaborate to ensure a quality product.
- A strong knowledge of the Unity game engine, coding in C# and object orientated programming.
- Understanding of client/server communication and data serialization.
- Have good working knowledge of Unity scripting API/engine and third-party plugins.
- Knowledge of 3D file formats, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with Agile development practices and the SDLC.
- US Citizen/US Resident required. Will need to pass comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented individual who loves to learn.
- Experience with Azure or other cloud service providers.
- Experience working with remote team members.
- Knowledge of creating 508 compliant Unity applications.
- Have a good understanding of UX and UI.
- Cybersecurity knowledge.
- Have home office dedicated to working with teams, groups in a telecommute setting-with some travel in future
- Ability to work 40 hours with overtime as needed.
- Must be authorized work lawfully in the United States (required)
- This position is remote.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience/
- This is a Full-time position
Compenstation : $92,000 - $112,000 Circadence is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, critical illness and accident insurance to all full-time employees, along with generous paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
NOTICE: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.