Cybersecurity Training Developer - Mid Level
Content Development | Remote -Boulder area preferred | Full Time
The Project Ares Content Development team seeks a new member to serve as a cybersecurity training scenario developer. If you join us in this position, you will develop high-fidelity, realistic training scenarios. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time, remote work position.
Who We Are
The team at Circadence is zealous about a safer digital world and focuses specifically on innovations for teaching and learning cybersecurity. We believe hands-on learning is key to delivering impactful educational curriculum and professional training programs. Learning-by-doing upskills cyber students and practitioners, empowering them to apply their knowledge to keep organizations safer amidst evolving information environments and cyber threats. We build the best learning solution for academic institutions, enterprises, and governments through realistic labs and serious games delivered within an engaging platform we lovingly call Project Ares.
Who You Are
You’re a fit for this position if you are passionate about cybersecurity training and want to contribute to the growth of our field. You see the value in high-fidelity training for cybersecurity and developing and honing skills on real networks with fundamental tools. You enjoy a challenge – a new tool or a new threat excites you. Complex problems interest you – breaking down ‘hard’ problems into solvable components makes you happy. You are proactive and creative and might not even have a comfort zone to get out of.
Your Knowledge and Skills
- BS in STEM with four years of experience in a cybersecurity role or equivalent
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles and passion for solving challenges
- Experience as an analyst in a SOC or as a cybersecurity tester – blue or red
- Proficient with Python and familiar with other coding/scripting languages
- Have a working knowledge of incident response and advanced persistent threats
- Skill in working individually or as part of a team of developers
- Experience administering both Windows and *nix based workstations and servers
- Experience with network administration
What sets you apart
- Experience with SaltStack to automate workloads
- Understanding of software development best practices and how to apply them
- Familiarity with virtualization in public cloud environments
- Knowledge of Git and experience working with VSTS/Azure DevOps
- Acquaintance with NIST concepts for cybersecurity and cybersecurity work roles
What You’ll Do in This Position
- Develop exciting and educational scenarios for cybersecurity – both offensive and defensive
- Use an infrastructure-as-code model to build and deploy entire networks as learning sandboxes
- Act as a ‘virtual mentor’ alongside our cyber education team to develop meaningful objectives
- Provide mentorship and guidance to more junior cybersecurity engineers
Compensation: negotiable, depending on level of experience - $87,150 - $135,000. Circadence is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, critical illness and accident insurance to all full-time employees, along with generous paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.