Business Systems Data Steward
Technology-Operations | Remote in Milwaukee, WI | Full Time
Circa continues to grow and we’re adding a Business Systems Data Steward to our team! This position will work cross-functionally with multiple business units to support, maintain and improve data integrity throughout our enterprise platforms.
You’re a creative problem-solver with high attention to detail and strong organization and planning abilities. You’re tech savvy, and enjoy thinking strategically about how to enhance and improve processes holistically across all business systems. You’re extremely analytical and can interpret data from multiple sources to make informed business improvement recommendations. You’re a quick learner, self-driven, and able to communicate, influence, and collaborate with a variety of individuals in a team environment.
You have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and professional work experience in a related technical or business field. You also have 5+ years of experience in a CRM administration, sales or technical operations analyst role, or other similar position. You have high proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suite tools, and you have extensive experience with Salesforce.com, or another CRM or ERP. You have familiarity with master data management tools (Informatica, Profisee, SAP MDG, etc.) and you may have experience managing projects integrating and leveraging data assets from various legacy systems and cloud-based services. You are familiar with internal and external data change management best practices and implementation. You potentially have worked at a SaaS company previously, and you may possibly have or working towards a Salesforce Admin Certificate.
About the Position
This position within our Business Systems & Enablement Team will focus on understanding cross-functional business requirements and setting standards for shared data across all systems. You’ll maintain, monitor and ensure all data is governed using policy compliance and high-quality standards. You’ll run the change management process when it comes to data usage or incorporating enhancements to our master sales system. You’ll think strategically and incorporate ways to continuously improve our product and sales data management processes and usage.
Our Technology Team:
- Circa is a cloud-based service provider to other businesses with more than 20 years of internal product development
- We use an Agile approach to build iteratively and continuously improve
- Our core systems are Microsoft-based while our enterprise application platform unites Salesforce CPQ with Sage Intacct along with a host of other cloud-based tools
Day in the Life
Most days will involve:
- Ensuring accuracy and maintenance of demographic and financial details within customer records and other managed data
- Owning the validation, synchronization, hygiene, and continuous improvement of all shared data
- Managing data projects that require integrating or using data assets from multiple legacy business systems and cloud services
- Gathering requirements, defining standards, maintaining, monitoring, and governing data to ensure compliance with policies and quality standards
- Identifying areas of opportunity and risk through extensive data analysis and modeling
- Updating key information, such as address, firm name, sales territories or coverage, etc. on our customer records in the CRM
- Overseeing all cross-functional Data Management processes to identify, track, and resolve data issues, and coordinating, escalating, or providing status reports as needed
- Completing and closing all assigned tickets, and communicating the status and progress of our customer service requests to sales and other internal teams
- Providing general support for resolving Salesforce.com and related system issues, including identifying, analyzing, tracking, and resolving exception errors
- Contributing to root cause analysis and other system errors to recommend and implement solutions to reduce or eliminate similar errors from occurring
Additional activities may include:
- Implementing new changes and conducting complex data integrations across multiple resources and systems, and coordinating with other business units to execute data projects
- Acting as subject matter expert, along with key stakeholders, for all data resources
- Participating in buildout of new capabilities to support our product and channel growth strategies
- Leveraging reports and recommending sustainable process improvements to solve problems and improve primary KPI’s and time-to-resolution metrics
- Examining and identifying data patterns and trends that help answer business inquiries and improve decision-making
- Partnering with other business units to model scenarios and outcomes of implementing potential business strategies
- Working cross-functionally with a diverse set of stakeholders to enhance our data practices and usage, and driving consensus on recommendations for continuous improvement
We believe diverse teams have the power to transform business. For us, diversity is not just a “check-the-box” solution. We bring our own experiences and style to our work, which fuels creativity and is sought after as valuable assets. Circa is more than a SaaS-based workforce development company – we are a catalyst for companies to build their own proprietary advantage with powerful diverse teams. Our best-in-class products solve diversity and compliance challenges for some of the country’s most innovative companies.
Circa is a team of experts sharing a passion for diversifying the workforce. Together we’re building a more diverse and high-performing future — team by team, industry by industry. Are you with us?
Circa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Encouraging Diversity and Inclusion is a core value – we celebrate and embrace our differences. Everyone is welcome and deserves an opportunity.