Full Stack Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Ciitizen, the leading health data innovation company, is looking for a full stack engineer to help us revolutionize healthcare. The role is based out of the Ciitizen offices in Palo Alto, California but can be 100% remote.
Ciitizen’s mission is to provide Earth’s 7.3 billion citizens with control of their complete health information and give them the choice of sharing it with whomever they want. Period. With this new ownership, patients can share their health history with caregivers, share for second opinions, and with companies/researchers who may hold the answer to their treatment.
All patients have a right to all of their health information, yet existing portals pull only minimal clinical information from a fraction of health care institutions. Current “interoperability” initiatives leave the patient out of the picture and often rely on armies of manual labor to extract key health insights from unstructured textual data—an expensive model which doesn’t scale.
In the near future, citizens will walk into a clinical facility and, with a simple tap of a mobile device, release their health information to themselves, where Ciitizen normalizes unstructured data from across the healthcare ecosystem into actionable visualizations for patients, their caregivers, and clinicians.
Ciitizen has assembled an all-star team, led by its CEO, Anil Sethi (last company was sold to Apple) and is backed by a strong investment team led by Andreessen Horowitz and general partner Vijay Pande.
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large-scale database systems
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Build key systems that power C4 driven products along with OpenTable Engineering
- Improve performance and scalability of applications
- Full stack development with Node.js/Express.js/Sails.js, with front-end work (JQuery, Backbone.js/Angular.js, CSS3, HTML5)
- RESTFUL API Development
- Maintain and enhance portals and web applications
- Analyzing and fixing current production issues
- Diagnose functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution
- Light work to enhance, maintain, and create microservices in Java
- Design, build, and unit test software in a collaborative environment
- Write clear, efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Participate regularly in an Agile team environment and schedule
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers, Product managers, and other front-end developers to create user friendly features and applications
- The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment (including dealing with ambiguity), be self-driven, and possess high integrity and accountability
- 3-4 years experience building successful products as a full-stack engineer
- Expert knowledge of Python, Node.js and Java
- Experience with HTML best practices
- Experience with CSS processors
- Experience with Agile/ Scrum and Test Driven Development practices
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience with microservice development (Node.js, python)
- Must be a doer
- Deep knowledge of cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent understanding of full web development cycles
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design, JSON, third-party libraries and APIs
- Back-end: .net, Python + Django, PHP, NodeJS etc.
- Databases: MySQL, MSSql, MongoDB, Hadoop etc.
- Design: UX (User Experience Design), UI (User Interface Design), IA
- (Information Architecture)
- React Experience
- Strong experience backend development
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Knowledgeable in building loosely coupled, highly cohesive code
- Experience designing APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility.
- Agile experience with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping and rigorous A/B testing
- On a mission to revolutionize healthcare
- Culture of doers
- Venture backed, Series A equity
- Generous Benefits, Discretionary Time Off