Clinical Abstractor, Data Team Associate - Oncology
Clinical Ops | Remote | Part Time
Ciitizen is seeking individuals with expertise in the diagnosis and management of cancer, including registered nurses, certified tumor registrars, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and genetic counselors. This successful candidate will work synchronously within the Clinical Data and Clinical Operations Teams, generating high quality data extracted from unstructured medical records using Ciitizen’s proprietary software. This expertise will be foundational for Clinical Data Team projects, which include working closely with the Machine-Learning Team to test and QA/QC Ciitizen’s software, as well as execute deliverables for our partners. This is a contract position.
Ciitizen’s mission is to provide Earth’s 7.3 billion citizens with control of their complete health information and give them the choice of sharing it with whomever they want. Period. With this new ownership, patients can share their health history with caregivers, share for second opinions, and with companies/researchers who may hold the answer to their treatment.
All patients have a right to all of their health information, yet existing portals pull only minimal clinical information from a fraction of health care institutions. Current “interoperability” initiatives leave the patient out of the picture and often rely on armies of manual labor to extract key health insights from unstructured textual data—an expensive model which doesn’t scale.
In the near future, citizens will walk into a clinical facility and, with a simple tap of a mobile device, release their health information to themselves, where Ciitizen normalizes unstructured data from across the healthcare ecosystem into actionable visualizations for patients, their caregivers, and clinicians.
Ciitizen has assembled an all-star team, led by its CEO, Anil Sethi (last company was sold to Apple) and is backed by a strong investment team led by Andreessen Horowitz and general partner Vijay Pande.
- Verify the accuracy of key data entities extracted from the medical record using Ciitizen’s proprietary software
- Apply critical thinking and clinical expertise to identify errors in medical documentation
- Meet expectations for quality and efficiency
- This is a contract position with a minimum of 20 hours/week (up to 40 hours/week).
- Registered Nurse, Certified Tumor Registrar, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Genetic Counselor in good standing (Oncology Certified professional preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years oncology experience: breast, GI, blood cancers preferred
Detail-oriented and attentive, a self-starter with strong communication skills
Access to a computer and a secure, high-speed internet connection (recommend 200 Mbps)
Comfortable and familiar with chart review
Confident and comfortable using software (including beta products)
Excited by our fast paced, mission-driven environment
- On a mission to revolutionize healthcare
- Culture of doers
- Venture backed, Series A equity
- Generous Benefits, Discretionary Time Off