Residential Counselor 08.08.17-:PT-Alternating Weekends, 7am-3pm
Residential | Rock Hill, SC | Part Time
Schedule: Part Time, Alternating Weekends, 7am-3pm
The Children’s Attention Home’s main objective has always been to provide a temporary care shelter in which a child can experience a loving and secure family life until the child’s own home conditions are corrected or a permanent home can be found.
As a provider of residential services to children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment, we must take the utmost care when reviewing candidates. Many of the policies that we have in place concerning hiring are taken directly from the state and federal standards under which we operate.
- Supervises and assists with all daily living activities of all residents.
- Maintains a daily behavior modification program for each child as part of the Positive Behavior Supports System.
- Provides ongoing guidance and support for each resident.
- Accompanies residents on field trips, activities or outings.
- Supervises residents and provides assistance during study or homework time.
- Implements and monitors educational, recreational and cultural activities for residents.
- Assists the Children’s Services Coordinator and/or Supervisor in transporting to, supervising, or providing services such as tutorial assistance, recreational activities, and health care activities.
- Provides appropriate documentation of residential services, including forms, logs and reports, as well as assists in maintaining confidential and complete files for each resident.
- Performs domestic tasks, including but not limited to: housekeeping, cleaning, laundry services, and providing and serving nourishing meals.
- Administers medication and first aid on a regular, as needed and/or emergency basis.
- Provides appropriate daily care to infants and toddlers.
- Ensures a safe environment in accordance with agency, local, state and federal standards and guidelines.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
- All employees must be 21 years of age.
- All employees must not have criminal or domestic charges against them that would be considered inappropriate for employment in positions working with children.
- A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Spanish speaking preferred