Home Office | Youngstown, OH | Full Time
STAFF ACCOUNTANT - The Muransky Companies – Boardman, OH
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an entry-level STAFF ACCOUNTANT to complement our team in the Boardman, OH area.
The Muransky Companies is looking for an energetic candidate who can ensure accuracy and timeliness of assignments in the accounting area, while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Successful candidates will possess the ability to effectively communicate within both the accounting department and with field operation team members.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements including gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Calculate, prepare and enter various month-end and year-end journal entries during the close process
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts monthly including bank accounts
- Fixed asset record keeping
- Assist in special projects and reports as delegated for management
- Ensure integrity of financial information in the general ledger
- Build and maintain electronic spreadsheets as needed
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Proficient planning skills and the ability to organize and prioritize job responsibilities in order to meet conflicting deadlines as required.
- Ability to recognize and resolve discrepancies/errors in recorded data to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate
- Ability and willingness to work beyond regularly scheduled hours as required, particularly during the accounting close process and year end activities.
The Muransky Companies manages a diverse group companies that includes The Surgical Hospital at Southwoods, Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels, The Lake Club, and our newest venture, Rise Pies. We offer an exciting work environment where innovative individuals with a strong work ethic are valued as part of our organization with competitive wages commensurate with experience, paid time off, benefits, and 401k.