Home Office | Youngstown, OH | Full Time
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - The Muransky Companies – Boardman, OH
We are growing and we are looking for talent……….
We currently have an excellent opportunity for A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT to complement our team in the Boardman, OH area.
The Muransky Companies is looking for an energetic candidate who can ensure accuracy and timeliness of assignments in the accounting area, while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Successful candidates will possess the ability to effectively communicate within both the accounting department and with field operation team members.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements including gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Calculate and prepare entries for expense accruals for month-end and year-end close processes
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts monthly including bank accounts
- Fixed asset record keeping
- Prepare sales and use tax returns with ability to resolve disputes with taxing authorities
- Assist in maintaining and analyzing financial budget activities
- Assist in special projects and reports as needed for management
- Build and maintain electronic spreadsheets as needed
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Accounting degree with 5-10 years related experience. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics accounting software helpful.
- Proficient planning skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize job responsibilities in order to meet conflicting deadlines as required.
- Ability to recognize and resolve discrepancies/errors in recorded data to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate
- Ability and willingness to work beyond regularly scheduled hours as required, particularly during the accounting close process and year end activities.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision, individually or as part of a team.