Home Office | Youngstown, OH | Full Time
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR - The Muransky Companies – Boardman, OH
We are growing and we are looking for talent…
We currently have an excellent opportunity for AN ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR to complement our team in the Boardman, OH area.
The Muransky Companies is looking for an energetic candidate who enjoys working in a fast paced, high-growth organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of financial statement reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and individuals performing these reconciliations, assist in the resolution of issues or questions in a timely manner, ensure balances are properly supported
- Oversee and manage the monthly recording of journal entries to balance sheet and income accounts.
- Review Fixed asset record keeping for accuracy
- Review and analyze monthly operating results for accuracy providing recommendations when opportunities for improvement are presented
- Manage and assist in compiling quarterly and annual financial data
- Research new accounting standards and technical issues; analyze their relevance for and clearly document impact to the company
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to accounting.
- Provide performance feedback on staff to assist in their development and coaching/counseling
- Assist in special projects and reports as needed for management
- Build and maintain electronic spreadsheets as needed
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA required, Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in public or industry accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills set and solid experience with financial data analysis and preparation of financial reports and statements
- Background in supervision of staff
- Possess superior organizational and documentation skills, attention to detail, strong teamwork skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to work beyond regularly scheduled hours as required, particularly during the accounting close process and year end activities.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
The Muransky Companies manages a diverse group companies that includes The Surgical Hospital at Southwoods, Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels, The Lake Club, and our newest venture, Rise Pies. We offer an exciting work environment where innovative individuals with a strong work ethic are valued as part of our organization with competitive wages commensurate with experience, paid time off, benefits, and 401k.