Lead Clinical Therapist
Chesapeake Treatment Center | Parkville, MD | Full Time
Chesapeake Treatment Center is a 29 bed residential treatment center for adjudicated juvenile males who have committed some type of sexual or behaiorval offense. The center is located in Parkville, MD on the Charles Hickey School Grounds.
We have an immediate opening for a Lead Clinical Therapist.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 10:30am - 7pm OR 11am- 7:30pm
1. Provide intensive individual, group and family therapy for a caseload of approximately 4-6 patients.
2. Provides clinical case consultation to assist milieu and clinical staff with development of effective and therapeutic interventions with patients.
3. Maintains and appropriately files progress notes for each therapy session.
4. Conducts assessments of new patients.
5. Conducts psycho-social assessments, diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans.
6. Develops Aftercare Plans in order to assure effective transition for patients into the community.
7. Provides comprehensive case management.
8. Identify clinical staff training needs and provide clinical personnel w/ training.
9. Assist with the development and coordination of milieu and clinical training opportunities.
10. Provides in-service training for milieu staff in areas such as suicide prevention, working with youth who have been the victims of abuse or domestic violence.
11. Assist with clinical coverage needs as they arise.
12. Acts as a liaison with outside agencies such as the Department of Juvenile Justice, MD Health Partners.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. (Responsibilities listed above are a general description of the level and nature of work assigned to this position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.)
Job Type: Full-time