FT School Support Technician- CTC
Chesapeake Treatment Center | Parkville, MD | Full Time
Chesapeake Treatment Centers Inc., provides a comprehensive continuum of treatment for adolescents and young adults involved in sexualized behaviors, behavioral issues, and mental disabilities. We feature specialty services for adolescents. Clinical programs include assessment, residential/inpatient, day treatment, dual diagnosis, mental health, special education and prevention services. Our programs are accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO) and we are located in Parkville, MD.
- Days: Monday-Friday
- Hours: 7:00AM-3:30PM 40 hours per week: 8 hours per day; 5 days per week
School Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Ensure that patients are prepared and ready to participate in the school day.
- Transport patients to and from school as well as off grounds in a safe manner.
- Monitor and account for all patients assigned to his or her area.
- Provide effective instruction/ instructional support for patients and classroom instructors.
- Participate in school program to support the patient learning opportunities.
- Intervene effectively to minimize behavior which could result in safety or treatment concerns.
- Maintain a professional manner with school staff as well as with patients.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Must be flexible to change in daily responsibilities
- Frequent/ Strenuous physical activity (e.g. prolonged standing/ bending, heavy lifting, sustained physical effort, extensive carrying, pushing/ pulling, etc.)